Flexiski have been selling tailor-made ski holidays for over 20 years. We’re flexible to our core, getting clients to the mountains in the quickest, easiest and most convenient way possible, all whilst delivering an impeccable experience.
We’re trusted adventurers who are as fanatical for the mountain as our customers are. We think off piste using our team’s experience to orchestrate exceptional, bespoke ski trips. We do this whilst being honest and open, sharing some of our favourite moments on the mountains in order to build trust and a lifetime of recommendations from our clients.
The overseas team in our chalets play one of the most important roles in ensuring our clients have a ski holiday to remember. If that sounds like something you want to be part of for winter 2018/19, get in touch.
What you will be doing:
As a chalet manager, your key goal is to be responsible for ensuring that the Flexiski service is kept to a high standard throughout the chalet and ensuring that customer expectations are met and exceeded. The role is very diverse, leading and working closely with the whole chalet team, from the chalet hosts and kitchen employees to the ski representatives, the manager should be willing to get involved in all levels of task as and when required.
- Anticipate and exceed customer expectations through managing all aspects of the ‘customer service experience’
- Ensuring accurate delivery of service including accommodation standards, guest service levels, quality of food and cleanliness
- Developing your product & local area knowledge
- Be the responsible point of contact for customer complaints within the chalet, solving in a timely and professional manner and escalating where necessary
- Using Customer Service Questionnaire feedback to implement prompt and effective necessary changes
- Ensure Health and Safety standards are met, with both local and UK legislation adhered to by organising correct, timely checks. Be sure checks are logged and stored efficiently, and follow up issues by putting in place any subsequent controls
- Ensure that all employee accommodation is effectively managed and kept to high cleanliness standards
- Ensure the necessary training of all employees at the beginning of the season to allow them to perform their job roles to Flexiski standards through the season
- Effectively and promptly deal with employee relations issues
- Work to ensure that employee turnover is kept to a minimum through close working relationships with employees and ensuring motivation and work ethic is kept positive, whilst providing regular performance-based feedback to encourage improvement in any areas of concern
- Ensure necessary and relevant information/paperwork relating to employees in your chalet is communicated effectively and accurately
- Working alongside the resort manager to deliver to set budgets for food and beverage, linen and cleaning, and equipment costs to provide the Flexiski standard of service.
- Ensure accurate reporting and security of all monies passing through the chalet and adhere to the banking accounting procedures in place. Supporting with the local finance and accounts systems
- Employ accurate and regular stock-control procedures
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all financial and non-financial resort paperwork
What type of person are we looking for:
- Experience in overseas team management and product delivery
- Previous and relevant managerial experience in a customer service atmosphere with the ability to lead by example
- Strong interpersonal skills including motivation, performance management and goal setting
- Outstanding time management, organisation, prioritisation and delegation skills whilst effectively managing a team
- Enthusiastic, lively, sociable and friendly disposition
- Ability to cope under pressure and remain calm, diplomatic and tactful
- A keen eye for detail
- Cooking experience would be advantageous
- Confident and experienced skier on all terrains in any conditions
- Second language is desirable
What we offer:
- Competitive salary paid monthly into a UK bank account
- All meals provided whilst on duty
- Travel to and from resort from a UK airport
- Travel Insurance
- Pre-season training
- Free equipment hire
- Opportunity for progression, and all year round working opportunities across the wider Travelopia business
How to apply:
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org