The Hotel St Georg is conveniently just a few minutes walk from the ski lifts. The country-house style gives a very warm and welcome atmosphere and the traditional farmhouse lounge has a great local reputation for exceptional food using plenty of locally sourced produce, much more appealing than your standard ski hotel grub. There's definitely a push towards healthy living at the Georg both in the food and in the wellness facilities with thermal waters running through the spa area. The indoor pool and hot tub complete a whole host of saunas, salt water steam room with plenty of treatments, massages and wellness therapy available.
The ski hotel is between the slopes and the town, so it would be hard to find a more convenient ski accommodation location in Bad Hofgastein and the fact that the staff are super friendly is always a bonus.
What we like
- Thermal waters in the well-equipped spa area, indoor pool, hot tubs and saunas...
- Delicious traditional food with a great variety of vegetarian options as well
- Close to the slopes and the town centre
- Traditional country-house style, cosy and warming rather than sleek or minimalist
- To get to other areas of the resort the bus stop is 200 metres down the road
- It's a four-course meal every night and there's usually an afternoon snack out after skiing
View on map
Between the town centre and the ski slopes, the 4* Hotel St Georg has one of the most convenient locations in Bad Hofgastein. The ski bus also stops 200m from the hotel making it easy to access each of the ski areas in the region. The main lift is just 350m down the road, a 5 minute amble even in ski boots.
Ski regionSki Amadé
Distance to slopes350m, 5 minute walk
Distance to town250m, 3 minute walk
All rooms at the Hotel St Georg have a TV, safe and phone.
Single rooms have a bath or shower in the bathroom and some have a balcony.
Sleeps max. 1 adult and 1 child
Comfort double room
Comfort rooms have double or twin beds and a balcony. There is a bath or shower in the bathroom and the sofa can fold out into a children's bed.
Approx. 26sqm, sleeps max. 2 adults 1 child
Suites have a separate bedroom and living room with a balcony. There's either a bath or a shower and some have a separate toilet. Extra beds are available for the living room.
Approx. 45-60sqm, sleeps max. 5
- Farmhouse lounge restaurant
- Wellness area and spa
- fitness room
- Thermal waters
- Infra-red cabin
- Finnish sauna
- saltwater steam bath
- Bio sauna
- Spa showers
- Hot tub
- Tanning bed
- Indoor pool
- Beauticians (additional fee)
- Therapists (additional fee)
- Masseuse (additional fee)
- Underground parking (additional fee)
- Half board
- Resort height - 860m
- Highest point - 2,685m
- Bad Hofgastein - 86km of piste
- Gastein Valley ski area - 200km of piste
- Ski amadé (five ski areas on one lift pass, not linked) - 760km
The ski area is full of wide and cruisy red runs perfect for confident intermediate skiers. Or if you head up to Sportgastein there's extensive easily accessible freeride possibilities to explore.
- Blue runs 36%
- Red runs 60%
- Black runs 4%
Lifts22 in the local area with a further 23 across the valley
Season lengthEarly December to mid-April
- Beginners - 2/5
- Intermediates - 4/5
- Experts - 3/5
- Snowboarders - 3/5
- Après - 2/5
- Eating out - 4/5
- Charm - 3/5
- Scenery - 3/5
Alpentherme spa and pools | ice climbing | ice rink | shopping | cross-country skiing | snowshoeing | husky sledding
- Salzburg - 1 hour 10 minutes
- Innsbruck - 3 hours
- Munich - 3 hours
Destination area lift pass
- 3 day lift pass from £149
- 6 day lift pass from £239
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news