If you love a good spa then you will love the Alpenhaus with its 1,000m2 Alpen Veda Spa. The modern wellness and spa area is split over two levels with the pool area on the upper floor and the saunas down below. The six saunas and four relaxation rooms offer the ultimate spot to unwind - treat yourself to a head to toe massage or relaxing facial to really get into the spirit of things.
Centrally located the hotel is a fantastic base to explore the town, surrounded by Kaprun's shops, restaurants cafés and bistros. The nearest ski lift is in the local Maiskogel ski area - a 5 minute walk away. To access the larger Kaprun glacier you can catch the shuttle bus which stops just outside the hotel.
The Alpenhaus' design is incredibly comfortable with a great bar area to relax around the fire. The attention to detail is spectacular and it extends to the food with traditional hearty Austrian dishes coupled with Mediterranean influences where vegetarians and vegans are equally well catered for and the hotel can meet any special dietary requirements you may have.
What we like
- Central location, 5 minute to the local ski lift
- 1,000m2 modern spa area with heated indoor pool
- Close to the bus stop to easily get to Kaprun glacier
- Lower sauna floor in the spa is a nude area. The swimming pool is on the upper floor where children are allowed
- Bar has a smokers lounge (smoking indoors is allowed in Austria), though the rest of the hotel is completely non-smoking
- The outdoor pool is not heated during the winter
- To ski the Kaprun glacier you will have to catch the shuttle bus or drive
Das Alpenhaus Hotel, Kaprun, is superb for those who love to ski, but who are also in need of a little relaxation.
View on map
Centrally located in Kaprun the hotel is a 5 minute walk to the local Maiskogel ski area (350 metres) and if you would rather ski the Kaprun Glacier then the shuttle bus stops right outside.
Ski regionZell and Kaprun ski area
Distance to slopes350m, 5 minute walk
Distance to townIn town centre
All rooms have a TV, hair-dryer, mini bar and safe.
Single rooms with a king bed and a shower in the bathroom. There is no balcony.
Approx. 26m2, sleeps max. 1
Alpenwohnen S Double
These double rooms have a king bed and a balcony or terrace. There is a shower in the bathrooms.
*Some rooms interconnect
Approx. 26m2, sleeps max. 3
- Restaurant with various stubes (rooms)
- Bar and cigar lounge with open fireplace
- Heated ski and boot room
- Complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel
- 1,000m2 Alpen.Veda.Spa
- 6 saunas
- 4 relaxation rooms
- Indoor pool
- Non-heated outdoor pool
- Massage and beauty treatments
- 24 hour training room (gym)
- Conference and seminar facilities
The resortResort height - 785m
Highest point - 3,030m
Ski areaZell and Kaprun ski area - 138km of piste
Blue runs 37%
Red runs 40%
Black runs 23%
Lifts - 53
Season length - November to July
We sell - December - April
Beginners - 3/5
Intermediates - 3/5
Experts - 3/5
Snowboarders - 4/5
Families - 4/5
Après - 3/5
Eating out - 4/5
Snow reliability 5/5
Scenery - 3/5
ActivitiesCross-country skiing | Nordic walking | spa | swimming pools | history museum | motor museum | alpine coaster (tobogganing)
Transfer timeSalzburg - 1 hour 40 minutes
Kaprun area lift pass3 day lift pass from £138pp
6 day lift pass from £231pp
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news