Austrian ski hotels don't come friendlier than Lederer's Living, a handful of smartly designed rooms based around the owners' belief that it's the people that make the place. Borrow a book from the living room library and kick back and rest your feet beside the crackling fire. Or if you're more technologically relaxed grab one of the hotels IPads and head for the bar.
The penthouse is home to the perfectly proportioned wellness area with saunas overlooking the town, which you're right in the middle of. But don't miss the breakfast spread with all the trimmings including fluffy eggs any way you want them.
What we like about Lederer's Living
- Complimentary entry to the Tauern Spa for your entire stay, a few minutes on the bus, this is a world of wellness with more pools, saunas and steam rooms than you can count
- We're not sure how (it's a standard continental affair) but they've absolutely nailed breakfast
- Super friendly staff and owners Andreas and Sabine who are always on hand with a smile
- The partner, Injoy gym, is 200 metres away at ten euros per session
- As with every hotel in Kaprun, the glacier is a bus ride away - buses are super efficient
- Five minute walk to the local Maiskogel ski area
View on map
In the town centre, Lederer's Living in Kaprun is 450 metres to the local Maiskogel ski area or you can hop on the bus and head up to the main ski area on the glacier. The buses will also take you down to Zell am See if you want to ski the horseshoe-shaped mountain that's also included on your lift pass.
Ski regionZell and Kaprun ski area
Distance to slopes450m to local slopes
Distance to townIn town centre
All rooms at Lederer's Living, Kaprun design hotel have fantastic facilities including a balcony, WiFi, minibar, 32"+ TV, espresso machine, hairdryer and care products. The overall design is modern and very well finished.
Double room basic
Don't be fooled by the name the rooms are delicious, a double bed and ensuite with rain shower and separate toilet. There is a balcony and a small seating area.
Loft rooms are also available up in the eaves, so slightly smaller but basically the same minus the rain shower.
Approx. 24-30sqm, sleeps max. 3
Family room studio
Family room studios have two separate bedrooms each with double beds and there is a bathroom with a bath/shower combo and a separate toilet. The balcony is particularly spacious and the rooms have the added luxury of a WII games console.
Approx. 40sqm, sleeps max. 4
- Living room
- Crackling fireplace
- Small library
- Hotel Ipads
- Newspapers and magazines
- Penthouse wellness area
- Finish sauna
- Relaxation room
- Free entry to the Tauern Spa for your entire stay
- 10€ entry to Injoy gym, 200 metres away
- Complimentary parking and electric car charging
- Bed and breakfast
The resortResort height - 785m
Highest point - 3,030m
Ski areaZell and Kaprun ski area - 138km of piste
With the link to Salbaach-Hinterglemm - 408km of piste
Blue runs 37%
Red runs 40%
Black runs 23%
Lifts - 53
Season length - November to July
We sell - December - April
Beginners - 3/5
Intermediates - 3/5
Experts - 3/5
Snowboarders - 4/5
Families - 4/5
Après - 3/5
Eating out - 4/5
Snow reliability 5/5
Scenery - 3/5
ActivitiesCross-country skiing | Nordic walking | spa | swimming pools | history museum | motor museum | alpine coaster (tobogganing)
Transfer timeSalzburg - 1 hour 40 minutes
Kaprun area lift pass (Alpin card)3 day lift pass from £140
6 day lift pass from £239
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news