Be close to all the action of St Anton yet away from all the noise. The Chalet Fauner is a five minute walk up the hill from the main Galzig ski lift where the après kicks off at Basecamp. 400 metres up the hill from town you'll find the chalet in a peaceful setting, overlooking the wooded slopes of Rendl. The Chalet Fauner features eight spacious bedrooms with more than ample wardrobe space. In addition to this, you'll find a large open plan dining and living area with great views and, if you really want to blow off some steam, try the downstairs sauna with the power showers and little relaxation area.
The chalet experience is the same as our other chalets, where flexiski staff will look after you from the moment you book 'til it's time to wave goodbye. You'll be tucking into breakfasts with a hot option each morning and rushing back to the chalet for afternoon cakes and cuppas. Pre-dinner fizz will come out with canapés for a little treat before your three-course evening meal followed by a cheese board to wash it down with. It's all prepared in house by our chef who's happy to cater for any and all your dietary needs (just let us know in advance).
What we like
- 5 minute walk to the slopes/town
- Quiet location, no rowdy revellers waking you up on their late night journey home
- Views of the wooded Rendl ski area from the chalet
- Spacious rooms and a sauna
- If you're not feeling the walk up to the chalet you can hop on the bus it stops just up the road from the Fauner (though the circular bus route will take longer than the walk). Alternatively, you can leave your skis and boots at Jennewein ski shop at the lift base if you don't fancy carrying them (small charge to rent storage with them)
- There's a shared ski and boot room with the chalet above (8 person)
- The chalet occupies the 2 lower floors of the building (there is another chalet above) but you won't hear a peep from them
- The chalet is shoe free, we will give you some slippers but if you want to bring your own, feel free
- This chalet was previously known as Chalet Fauner A under Ski Val (this is the TripAdvisor page) but has been newly refurbished for 2019/20
View on map
A five minute walk up the hill from the main Galzig lift station and town centre. There's also a bus that runs from the town if you don't fancy walking up the hill back to the chalet (though the bus does take longer than the walk as it's a circular route). You could also leave your skis and boots at the rental shop by the ski lift for a small fee (it's worth the easy convenience we'd say).
Ski regionSt Anton am Arlberg
Distance to town400m, 5 minute walk
Distance to slopes400m, 5 minute walk
Each of the 8 rooms at the Chalet Fauner are fairly spacious and with a good amount of storage. There's a hairdryer in each as well as bathrobes, access to WiFi and Molten Brown toiletries.
Each room has twin beds and an en-suite bathroom. Each room has a desk and some also have a small seating area. There is one room with a balcony and this room also has a bath in the en-suite rather than a shower.
Sleeps max. 2
- Open plan lounge and dining area with a TV and views over Rendl
- Relaxation area
- Ski and boot room (shared with the chalet above)
As with all our catered chalets, you’ll enjoy a continental-style buffet breakfast with an optional hot dish, afternoon tea, pre-dinner drinks and canapés as well as a four-course evening meal with wine.
One night each week, there is a chalet staff night off where your evening meal is not included. On this day, breakfast and afternoon tea are served as normal and our flexiski hosts will be happy to make dinner reservations at a local restaurant for you.
Chalet Fauner is an ideal option for couples, families and groups, as well as company trips looking for a quieter chalet. It can be booked for flexible durations throughout the season including New Year and half term, whether room by room or on a sole occupancy basis. It‘s a great chalet option for a short break or ski weekend to St Anton.
Resort height - 1,305m
Highest point - 2,650m
Ski areaArlberg ski area - 340km of piste
St Anton is best for advanced and intermediate skiers. It was also linked with Lech and Zurs for the 16/17 ski season, so ski buses are a thing of the past.
Blue runs 42%
Red runs 42%
Black runs 16%
Lifts - 111
Season length - December to April
Beginners - 1/5
Intermediates - 3/5
Experts - 5/5
Snowboarders - 4/5
Families - 4/5
Après - 5/5
Eating out - 4/5
Charm - 4/5
Scenery - 3/5
Cross-country skiing | snowshoeing | horse-drawn sleigh rides | indoor tennis or squash | tobogganing | ten-pin bowling | paragliding | ice skating | curling
Arlberg area lift pass
3 day lift pass from £152
6 day lift pass from £272
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news