Chalet Hotel Le Prieuré is styled as a chalet with the large log fire creating a cosy atmosphere at the sunken bar surrounded by big, sink into sofas as soon as you walk in. Just a couple of minutes walk from Chamonix's pedestrianised centre all Chamonix has to offer is on the doorstep.
Riding the renovation wave in 2015, the hotel’s decor reflects the surrounding Savoyard region. Wood clad and dotted with colourful fabrics the hotel is modern but with classic touches – such as the red ropes of past mountaineers. And each room boasts a south-facing balcony offering amazing views over the Mont Blanc Massif.
There are three restaurant areas: the general restaurant; light and airy, the Rôtisser which offers delicious spit-roasted chicken and a lodge-style area where you can enjoy Haute-Savoie cuisine such as croziflette steeped in reblochon or rustic fondue.
What we like
- Perched just above the town, pretty much every single room has fantastic views across Chamonix and the Mont Blanc mountain range
- The sunken bar and open fire give the lounge area some serious style
- The restaurant's themes create a great atmosphere in the evenings
- As with all accommodation in Chamonix, you'll have to catch the bus to get to the different ski areas. Brevent is just 550m down the road.
- Parking is available at the hotel, it's a good idea to pre-book it though
Fixed package for Wednesday departures between 3rd Jan - 21st Mar 2018. Price varies according to dates selected.
View on map
Situated basically in the centre of Chamonix, the Chalet Hotel Le Prieuré has good access to the shuttle bus to take you to all the surrounding slopes each morning. And just 550m from the Brevent ski area if you fancy a stroll.
Ski regionMont Blanc
Distance to slopes550m to Brevent
Distance to townIn centre
Mont Blanc Room
Featuring a double bed or two twin beds, some can accommodate a third bed, private en suite and view of Mont Blanc.
Approx. 22-25m2, sleeps max. 3
Aiguille de Chamonix Room
Featuring one double or two twin beds some can accommodate a third person, unobstructed views of the Aiguilles de Chamonix. Private en suite with shower or bath.
Approx. 22 - 15m2, sleeps max. 3
The facilities at the Chalet Hotel Le Prieuré include:
- Restaurant le Rôtissier – specialist in spit-roasted chicken and quality produce
- Haute-Savoie restaurant – Savoy specialities with lashings of reblochon
- Bar with fireplace
- Wellness area
- Steam room
- 24/7 small meals and deserts – eat at the bar or in your room
- Large conference room in a separate building next to the hotel
- Luggage room
- Bed and breakfast
- Half board upgrade available
- Bed and breakfast with our fixed packages
Resort height - 1,035m
Highest point - 3,840m
Ski areaMont Blanc ski area - 115km of piste
Green runs 12%
Blue runs 42%
Red runs 31%
Black runs 15%
Lifts - 42
Season length - December to April
Beginners - 2/5
Intermediates - 2/5
Experts - 5/5
Snowboarders - 3/5
Families - 2/5
Après - 4/5
Eating out - 5/5
Charm - 4/5
Scenery - 5/5
Cross-country skiing | snow shoeing | ice climbing | dog sledding | heliskiing | mountaineering | paragliding | speed riding
Geneva - 1 hour
Chambery - 1 hour 45 minutes
Chamonix local area lift pass
3 day lift pass from £137
6 day lift pass from £238
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news