Le Cristal de Jade apartments give Chamonix's self-catering accommodation a truly luxurious revamp. Built in 2016/17 the apartments offer all the facilities of a 5* hotel yet with the freedom that self-catering provides. Traditional architecture with plenty of natural materials is stylishly modernised with large windows for plenty of natural light as well as high standard facilities throughout.
The apartments are split across three chalet-style buildings, with the main building housing the spacious reception and communal areas such as the indoor pools, spa, sauna, hammam, Jacuzzi's and gym - all of which all guests can use between 10am and 8pm. You can even pick up the daily newspapers from the lounge area or grab a cup of tea and a biscuit before you get your ski boots on from the station outside the locker room.
Location wise, the Aiguille du Midi lift is right next door (off-piste only) and to get to Chamonix's pisted ski areas the shuttle bus stops out front. The town centre is a short walk over the river where you'll find Chamonix in full flow. Plenty of bars, restaurants and shops to explore in this year-round buzzing town.
What we like
- All the facilities of a 5* hotel but with the freedom self-catering offers
- All buildings are connected so no need to get into your outerwear just to head to the spa
- Built for winter 2016/2017 - stylish modern apartments
- Tea and biscuit station outside the heated ski locker room
- 3 minutes from the town centre and Chamonix's buzzing nightlife
- There is a £500 refundable deposit payable locally
- This is not a hotel so don't expect hotel services such as daily cleaning
- Make use of the bakery service to get fresh pastries in the mornings
- You can use all the spa and pool facilities free of charge in the main building
View on map
Le Cristal de Jade apartments are next to the Aiguille du Midi lift which accesses the viewing platforms and the summit of the off-piste route Vallee Blanche (you will need to hire a guide), there is no piste skiing from this lift. However, the free ski shuttle bus stops 100m from the apartments so you can get to each of Chamonix's different ski areas with minimum fuss. You're also only a short walk from the town centre and the many bars, restaurants and shops of this buzzing resort.
Ski regionMont Blanc
Distance to slopes100m to free shuttle bus
Distance to town200m, 3 minute walk
All apartments have a fully equipped ultra modern kitchen with granite worktops, dishes and household appliances including an induction hob, Nespresso machine and wine cellar.
One bedroom apartment
One bedroom apartments have two single beds in the bedroom. The living room with double sofa bed is open plan with the kitchen and the bathroom has a separate toilet. There is also a balcony.
Approx. 40m2, sleeps max. 4
Two bedroom apartments
Two bedroom apartments have a double room and a twin room as well as a sofa bed in the living room. The living room and kitchen are open plan. There is a bathroom, a shower room with toilet and a separate toilet as well as a balcony.
Approx. 60m2, sleeps max. 6
Three bedroom apartments
Three bedroom apartments have a double room and two twin rooms as well as a sofa bed in the living room. The living room and kitchen are open plan. There is a bathroom, shower room with toilet and separate toilet as well as a balcony.
Approx. 80m2, sleeps max. 8
Please be advised that safety standards with regards to balconies differ in France and on occasion, you may be allocated a room whereby the balcony is lower than we would expect in the UK.
For your own safety, please ensure that you take care when on the balcony and do not lean on or over the railings. If you have children below the age of 12 in your party, please ensure that they are supervised and not left unattended at any time.
- Heated indoor pool
- Kids pool
- Hammam (steam room)
- Fitness and cardio room
- *access to the pool and spa every day 10am - 8pm, towels are supplied at the pool
- Parking space per apartment
- Ski lockers with boot and glove dryers
- Newspapers at reception
- Seating area and fireplace in reception
- Laundry and utility room
- luggage storage
- Can order morning pastries until 6pm (night before) to be collected at reception in the mornings
- Selection of wines and champagnes available
- Delivery of shopping can be arranged
*There is a tourist tax to pay in resort (this is the same for every hotel in Chamonix) it is roughly €3 per person per day.
- Beds are made upon arrival (except sofa bed), towels, bathrobes and slippers are supplied
- Cleaning at the end of the stay (except kitchen)
- Mid stay cleaning
- A maintenance kit (dishwasher tablets, sponge, washing up liquid and 2 kitchen towels)
- TV with international channels
- Unlimited WiFi access
- Nespresso coffee machine and a filter coffee machine
- Crepe, raclette, fondue and pierrade machines
- DVD player and board games
- Iron and ironing board
- Baby equipment (cots, changing mats, strollers etc.)
Resort height - 1,035m
Highest point - 3,840m
Ski areaMont Blanc ski area - 115km of piste
Green runs 12%
Blue runs 42%
Red runs 31%
Black runs 15%
Lifts - 42
Season length - December to April
Beginners - 2/5
Intermediates - 2/5
Experts - 5/5
Snowboarders - 3/5
Families - 2/5
Après - 4/5
Eating out - 5/5
Charm - 4/5
Scenery - 5/5
Cross-country skiing | snow shoeing | ice climbing | dog sledding | heliskiing | mountaineering | paragliding | speed riding
Tandem paragliding will cost around the 100€ mark or you could take a sightseeing trip in a helicopter from 75€ per person.
Geneva - 1 hour
Chambery - 1 hour 45 minutes
Chamonix Mont Blanc area lift pass
3 day lift pass from £134
6 day lift pass from £221
- When booking for 2 or more days the Chamonix Mont Blanc pass includes unlimited skiing in Courmayeur and the Evasion Mont Blanc ski area including Megeve, Saint Gervais and Les Contamines for the duration of your pass. You also get 50% off a Verbier day pass when you buy a 6 day Mont Blanc pass
- Free buses run daily to Megeve from Chamonix Sud station (outside Les Aiglons hotel) - roughly twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon
- There are also daily buses to Courmayeur for 15€ return with a Mont Blanc pass (25€ return without a pass)
- Mont Blanc passes also include a daily Chamonix luge ride, use of the town swimming pool and ice rink, entry to the Alpin museum, the Skyway Monte Bianco in Courmayeur, Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix and use of the Train du Montenvers and the Mer de Glace to visit the glacial caves and old mountain refuge
Chamonix Le Pass (local lift pass)
3 day lift pass from £141
6 day lift pass from £247
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news