With freshly renovated rooms for the 2016-17 ski season, Le Refuge des Aiglons offers some of the best views in Chamonix. You can even bathe in the outdoor heated Nordic pool at 29° whilst admiring the Mont Blanc’s majesty.
The spa has been refurbed as well as the hotel offering some fantastic facilities such as hot tub, sauna, steam room, hydro jet, relaxation and fitness room along with the massage and beauty treatment area.
With the bus stop right outside the hotel, it takes the hassle away from getting to the slopes and the town centre is only a 500m stroll away. Easy to pop in for a few drinks or a bit of shopping. For a quieter night, the lounge bar offers a great space to relax with comfortable sofas and fireplace or restaurant le A offers some delicious dishes without having to set foot outside.
View on map
Le Refuge of Aiglons is situated at the foot of the Midi summit and less than a 10 minute walk from the town centre. As with most hotels in Chamonix, the ski lifts are a few minutes away by bus – stops right outside. The hotel is also just 300m from the Aiguille du Midi cable car which leads to the highest summit in Chamonix for breath taking views of the surrounding Alps, or the start of the famous Vallee Blanche off-piste run.
Ski RegionMont Blanc
Distance to slopes1km (shuttle available)
Distance to town500m or 6 minute walk
All rooms at Le Refuge des Aiglons are equipped with the following amenities:
Single rooms include a single bed and a bathroom with a shower.
Approx. 20m2, sleeps max. 1
Standard rooms feature one large or two twin beds, and a bathroom with a separate toilet.
Approx. 20m2, sleeps max. 2
Superior rooms include one large or two twin beds, and a bathroom with a separate toilet. Some rooms can accommodate a third person. All have a balcony.
Approx. 25m2, sleeps max. 3
Junior suites can accommodate up to four people and include one large or two twin beds, a bathroom, a separate toilet and a balcony. There is a lounge area with sofa bed.
Approx. 40m2, sleeps max. 4
Bed & breakfast as standard
Upgrade to half-board
- Restaurant le “A”
- Lounge bar
- Outdoor heated swimming pool (wood pellet heated, eco-friendly)
- Outdoor hot tub
- Deep Nature Spa by Algotherm
- 5 treatment rooms
- Steam room, sauna, hydro jet, relaxation room and fitness centre
- Conference rooms
- Luggage lockers and porter
- Laundry, dry cleaning
- Concierge 24hr
- Room service
- Complimentary WiFi
- Ski lockers
- Covered car park
Resort height - 1,035m
Highest point - 3,840m
Ski areaMont Blanc ski area - 115km of piste
Green runs 12%
Blue runs 42%
Red runs 31%
Black runs 15%
Lifts - 42
Season length - December to April
Beginners - 2/5
Intermediates - 2/5
Experts - 5/5
Snowboarders - 3/5
Families - 2/5
Après - 4/5
Eating out - 5/5
Charm - 4/5
Scenery - 5/5
Cross-country skiing | snow shoeing | ice climbing | dog sledding | heliskiing | mountaineering | paragliding | speed riding
Tandem paragliding will cost around the 100€ mark or you could take a sightseeing trip in a helicopter from 75€ per person.
Geneva - 1 hour
Chambery - 1 hour 45 minutes
Chamonix Mont Blanc area lift pass
3 day lift pass from £134
6 day lift pass from £221
- When booking for 2 or more days the Chamonix Mont Blanc pass includes unlimited skiing in Courmayeur and the Evasion Mont Blanc ski area including Megeve, Saint Gervais and Les Contamines for the duration of your pass. You also get 50% off a Verbier day pass when you buy a 6 day Mont Blanc pass
- Free buses run daily to Megeve from Chamonix Sud station (outside Les Aiglons hotel) - roughly twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon
- There are also daily buses to Courmayeur for 15€ return with a Mont Blanc pass (25€ return without a pass)
- Mont Blanc passes also include a daily Chamonix luge ride, use of the town swimming pool and ice rink, entry to the Alpin museum, the Skyway Monte Bianco in Courmayeur, Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix and use of the Train du Montenvers and the Mer de Glace to visit the glacial caves and old mountain refuge
Chamonix Le Pass (local lift pass)
3 day lift pass from £141
6 day lift pass from £247
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news