Catered chalet in the centre of Chamonix
Brand new for the 2017/2018 winter season, flexiski's Loft at 272 is on top of the Hotel Gustavia in central Chamonix. You'll be opposite the train station and have the crème de la crème when it comes to après ski pedigree in the 'Chambre Neuf' bar within the building. Post ski drinks and boogie before elevating yourself up to your private rooftop chalet.
The chalet itself is of a minimalist but traditional design. A cosy four bed chalet centred around an open plan kitchen, dining room and seating area around the wood burner. The sofa'd up snug at the front of the building looks out over the Bossons Glacier and depending on which side of the chalet your room is on you'll have views across the town and onto the Brévent ski area or over the Mont Blanc Massif mountain range.
The chalet sleeps a maximum of seven people and you'll have a private chef and host to look after you. Breakfast, afternoon tea, pre-dinner canapes with fizz and a four course evening meal with wine are all included in your stay. You can eat out on the mountains or down in town for lunch for a taste of the local specialities. Just don't eat your body weight in cheese if you plan on skiing further than back to the chalet in the afternoon.
What we like
- Central location with renown après bar 'Chambre Neuf' three floors down
- Intimate nature of the private chalet with open plan communal areas and a minimalist yet traditional design
- Fantastic views of the surrounding mountains, it's a bonus to being on the top floor
- It's flexiski ran so you'll have two staff members creating delicious food and giving local tips and secrets
- The chalet is on top of the Hotel Gustavia so you'll use the main reception for access and catch the elevator up to the chalet
- The chalet night off is on a Monday or a Tuesday - so if you're staying mid-week you get to try out awesome restaurants such as 'La Calèche', an experience we'd highly recommend
View on map
On the top floor of the Hotel Gustavia and opposite the train station, The Loft at 272 is in the town centre. You access the private chalet via an elevator through the Hotel Gustavia. The nearest ski area is 800 metres away, a 10-15 minute walk through the town centre. However, as with all accommodation in Chamonix, you'll be catching the buses to access the different ski areas around town.
Ski regionChamonix Mont Blanc
Distance to slopes800m
Distance to townIn town centre
There are four rooms in total and all are off the main communal area. Each is of a similar standard with the only real difference being the bed types. Depending on which side of the chalet you are on you'll have views over the town and onto the Brévent ski area or across to the Mont Blanc Massif. There's not enough space in the rooms for any extra beds or cots.
** After visiting in January 2018 we did notice that the showers are in the eaves, so if you're vastly taller than 6ft you may have to crouch a little. The burdens of being tall. **
Twin room x 2
These have separate twin beds and an ensuite with a shower.
Approx. 13m2, sleeps max. 2
Double room x 1
The double room has a double bed and has an ensuite with a shower. This room is slightly smaller than the twin rooms.
Approx. 13m2, sleeps max. 2
Single room x 1
The single room has a single bed and an ensuite with a shower.
Approx. 11m2, sleeps max. 1
As with all our catered chalets, you’ll enjoy a continental-style buffet breakfast with an optional hot dish, afternoon tea, pre-dinner drinks and canapés as well as a four-course evening meal with wine.
One night each week, there is a chalet staff night off where your evening meal is not included. On this day, breakfast and afternoon tea are served as normal and our flexiski hosts will be happy to make dinner reservations at a local restaurant for you.
The Loft at 272 is an ideal option for couples, families and groups, as well as our corporate guests looking for an intimate chalet. It can be booked for flexible durations throughout the season, whether room by room or on a sole occupancy basis. It‘s great for a short break or ski weekend to Chamonix.
Please note this is not to scale and whilst we will try to accommodate requests for exact rooms, this is not always possible.
Resort height - 1,035m
Highest point - 3,840m
Ski areaMont Blanc ski area - 115km of piste
Green runs 12%
Blue runs 42%
Red runs 31%
Black runs 15%
Lifts - 42
Season length - December to April
Beginners - 2/5
Intermediates - 2/5
Experts - 5/5
Snowboarders - 3/5
Families - 2/5
Après - 4/5
Eating out - 5/5
Charm - 4/5
Scenery - 5/5
Cross-country skiing | snow shoeing | ice climbing | dog sledding | heliskiing | mountaineering | paragliding | speed riding
Tandem paragliding will cost around the 100€ mark or you could take a sightseeing trip in a helicopter from 75€ per person.
Geneva - 1 hour
Chambery - 1 hour 45 minutes
Chamonix Mont Blanc area lift pass
3 day lift pass from £134
6 day lift pass from £221
- When booking for 2 or more days the Chamonix Mont Blanc pass includes unlimited skiing in Courmayeur and the Evasion Mont Blanc ski area including Megeve, Saint Gervais and Les Contamines for the duration of your pass. You also get 50% off a Verbier day pass when you buy a 6 day Mont Blanc pass
- Free buses run daily to Megeve from Chamonix Sud station (outside Les Aiglons hotel) - roughly twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon
- There are also daily buses to Courmayeur for 15€ return with a Mont Blanc pass (25€ return without a pass)
- Mont Blanc passes also include a daily Chamonix luge ride, use of the town swimming pool and ice rink, entry to the Alpin museum, the Skyway Monte Bianco in Courmayeur, Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix and use of the Train du Montenvers and the Mer de Glace to visit the glacial caves and old mountain refuge
Chamonix Le Pass (local lift pass)
3 day lift pass from £141
6 day lift pass from £247
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news