This charming chalet-hotel has given us plenty to shout about. With two on-site restaurants in winter, heated indoor pool, spa and fitness centre, heated boot room, and a shuttle bus from the hotel (or a five minute walk) to access the slopes you’ll want for nothing at Chalet Mounier. One of the hotel’s restaurants, Le P'tit Polyte, has even earned a Michelin star - the only restaurant to do so in the entire Les Deux Alpes resort.
Step outside the doors of Chalet Mounier and you’ll be greeted with all that Les Deux Alpes has to offer. With the Venosc and Diable chair lifts set either side of the hotel you’ll be spoilt for choice ski-wise and - if you fancy exploring - the village itself offers numerous drinking, dining, and entertainment options. Not a bad place to spend a few nights on the mountain.
What we like:
- On-site Michelin starred restaurant Le P'tit Polyte
- Classic alpine mountain inn built in 1879 and family-run by the Mouniers since 1933
- Indoor heated pool, gym, steam room, and sauna
- Beautifully appointed rooms with excellent facilities
- Once per week the hotel hosts a jazz music evening in the lounge and bar
- Extensive by-the-glass wine selection at dinner
- A dedicated chalet shuttle bus service is offered for those wishing to depart from the main Jandri bubble lift at the centre of the village
- Resort tax (€2.48 per person per day for over 18s) paid locally
View on map
Situated just five minutes on foot from the Diable chair lift and just a few minutes walk from the centre of the village, Hotel Chalet Mounier is in a solid spot. The hotel additionally offers a complimentary shuttle bus to take you to the slopes in the mornings, as the walk to the lift is uphill and may be challenging.
Ski regionLes Deux Alpes
Distance to slopes5 minute walk or shuttle
Distance to town3 minute walk
All bedrooms feature mountain or village views and are located within the main hotel building. Bedroom facilities include a bathroom with bath (with shower attachment) or a shower room, towels, bathrobes, slippers, room safe, TV with cable or satellite programmes, hairdryer, minibar or fridge, and complimentary WiFi. Cots for young children are available on request.
Offering a view of the village or the mountains, Muzelle rooms sometimes include a south-facing balcony. Muzelle rooms sleep two to three people with one single bed and one king bed or three single beds.
Sleeps max. 3, approx 19 to 24 m²
Offering a view of the village or the mountains, Meije rooms sometimes include a south-facing balcony. Meije rooms sleep two to four people with twin beds in the main room and additional twin beds in a room adjacent to this.
Sleeps max. 4, approx 40 to 48 m²
- Two on-site restaurants including the Michelin starred Le P'tit Polyte
- Complimentary spa access including indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, and gym
- Spa treatments at Cinq Monde spa available on request (pay locally)
- Lounge and bar
- Outdoor terrace
- Heated ski and boot room
- Indoor covered car parking available on request (pay locally)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Hotel shuttle bus to the slopes available on request
- Babysitting services, cots, early meals, and high chairs available on request
- Half-board with breakfast and dinner
Les Deux Alpes
Resort height - 1,650m
Highest point - 3,600m
Ski areaLes Deux Alpes - 220km of piste
Although Les Deux Alpes is suited mainly for beginners and intermediates there are still plenty of challenging runs and some excellent guided off-piste.
Green runs 20%
Blue runs 52%
Red runs 15%
Black runs 13%
Lifts - 47
Season length - December to April
Beginners - 3/5
Intermediates - 4/5
Experts - 3/5
Snowboarders - 5/5
Families - 4/5
Après - 4/5
Eating out - 4/5
Charm - 3/5
ice skating | ice gliding | tobogganing | snowmobiling | snowshoeing | paragliding | bowling | swimming | laser game
Due to the fact that flights into Chambery and Grenoble tend to only be available on the weekends, we use Geneva as our main airport.
Chambery - 1 hour 55 minutes
Lyon - 2 hours
Grenoble - 1 hour 45 minutes
Geneva - 2 hours 45 minutes
Les Deux Alpes local lift pass
3 day lift pass from £145
6 day lift pass from £240
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news