The queen of the Dolomites, Cortina is the epitome of Italian skiing; undeniably beautiful, buzzing cobbled piazzas, fur forever and empty slopes.More info
The Italians deliver their winter holidays in the only way they know how - a laid back experience which is informal and fun. With Italian ski holidays you'll find serious skiing matched perfectly with fabulous dining and a welcoming attitude normally reserved for life-long friends.
Italian ski resorts especially the accommodation choices, benefit from prices that are considerably lower than other alpine destinations. This coupled with their relaxed atmosphere and fantastic food and wine, makes it easy to see why people return year after year. Their friendly approach is especially extended to children which together with the pricing, make these resorts ideal for families.
Snow cover hasn't been amazing in the last few years which is perhaps why the slopes tend to big quieter than it's European noisy neighbours in France or Austria. But with world class snow making facilities it means even in the driest of winters the piste conditions have still been good. It may not be the adrenalin junkies ski country of choice but with fun and relaxation trumping high sporting excellence coupled with the added bonus of in resort costs being considerably cheaper than France, Austria or Switzerland you really can find a higher enjoyment factor with a trip to Italy.
Often considered the sunny side of the Alps Italy offers some spectacular scenery, spectacular food and spectacular ambiance - what's not to love there?
The flexibility of the hotels and short transfer time make resorts such as Courmayeur perfect for weekend and short ski trips.
Why we love Italy
- Mouth watering food both on and off the mountains.
- In resort, prices are much lower than you might expect, especially the local wines.
- The slopes are much quieter than most European destinations.
- Fantastic snowmaking equipment keeps the slopes white even in the worst conditions.
- Short transfer times make our Italian resorts perfect for a short break.
- Pistes are generally more mellow than the European big hitters, this just means they're perfect for cruising around.
- Often considered the sunny side of the Alps; you may not be knee deep in powder every day but you will get the best out of the sun terraces.
- Weekends draw crowds from local towns so the resorts can get busy.
Resorts in Italy
The resort boasts incredible views of Europe’s highest summit, lovely wide open pistes for intermediate skiing and excellent mountain restaurants.More info
Fantastic cruising terrain with plenty of picturesque runs through the trees, and once off the mountain, the après scene is a lively yet varied delighMore info
On the Sella Ronda with a huge mileage potential. The rugged limestone peaks are tinged pink at dawn and dusk and the mountain food is unrivalled.More info
Highly fashionable, quintessentially Italian and absolutely affordable. Madonna di Campiglio has lively après ski in a beautiful setting.More info
Latest articles from our blog
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news