The Hotel Cristallo sits above the town, stealing the best views of Cortina like some greedy baron lording over his picturesque empire. The hotel is lavish and traditional with intricate silk work, sparkling chandeliers and deep embroidered carpets all brought up to date with high tech efficiency and fittings to complete an elegantly timeless stay.
As a high society destination, the facilities equal the Hotel Cristallo's grandiose. A semi-circular indoor pool flows into the main swimming area with panoramic windows showcasing the scenery. There's a state-of-the-art fitness studio full of Technogym equipment including virtual trainers and full HD video projection system - we haven't tried this out but it certainly sounds fancy. And of course all the spa options you'd expect.
Dining is another highlight, again wonderful views meet you for breakfast in The Veranda or try evening meals in The Gazebo for a glass covered 360 degrees of surrounding landscapes to refined Italian fare. The Stube is where to head for a little intimacy with just four tables before hitting the Cristallo Lounge Bar for their signature cocktails in a relaxed setting.
What we like about Hotel Cristallo, Cortina
- Complimentary on-call shuttle to run you to the town or ski lifts, the service continues till around 10pm which is pretty handy
- The views are great, we haven't had many breakfasts so enjoyable
- The high society feel from decor to the way staff treat you - a nice experience
- There is a smart casual dress code to the restaurant so don't turn up in your flip flops
- The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from town - but just grab the shuttle it's complimentary
- There is a private chef's table if you're celebrating something special - worth looking at
View on map
Sat above the town the Hotel Cristallo is a kilometre from the town centre. That's really not that far once you've got your ski boots off, it takes under 15 minutes, though you can catch the complimentary shuttle until around 10pm. To get to the slopes it's roughly 700m which takes under 10 minutes, though you may want to hop on the shuttle bus for this one, no one likes a downhill ski boot trek. Or for that matter uphill on the way back.
Distance to slopes700m, 10 minute walk
Distance to town1km, 13 minute walk
Rooms at the Hotel Cristallo, Cortina feature hand decorated wall panels and parquet as well as TVs, an in-room safe, mini bar, WiFi and a nightly turndown service.
Classic rooms have twin beds with either a mountain or park view and the marble bathroom has a spa bath.
Can be connected with a superior room on request.
Approx. 19-22m2, sleeps max. 2
Superior rooms have much more space, beside the double bed it an ample sitting area, in some rooms this is completely separated. The views are either over the Dolomites of the park and the marble bathroom has a spa bath. It's possible to add a cot or a third bed.
Connecting rooms are available.
Approx. 26-31m2, sleeps max. 3
Junior suites are wide bright and have wonderful views of the Dolomites complete with a private wooden terrace. The king bed leads to a good sized living area and the marble bathroom has a spa bath. Some rooms have a sofa bed, the others can accommodate an additional bed or cot.
Approx. 35-37m2, sleeps max. 3
Please be advised that safety standards with regards to balconies differ in Italy and on occasion, you may be allocated a room whereby the balcony is lower than we would expect in the UK.
For your own safety, please ensure that you take care when on the balcony and do not lean on or over the railings. If you have children below the age of 12 in your party, please ensure that they are supervised and not left unattended at any time.
- The Veranda restaurant for breakfast and lunch
- The Gazebo restaurant for 360 views and Italian food
- The Stube for intimate fine dining
- Cristallo Lounge Bar - signature cocktails and snacks
- The chef's private table for special occasions and food lovers
- Indoor pool with panoramic windows
- Turkish bath
- Relaxation lounge
- Beauty treatments and massage in the spa
- Ski room
- Ice skating rink on the panoramic terrace
- Fitness centre
- Complimentary shuttle on request
- Supervised children's area
- Valet parking (additional charge)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Laundry/dry cleaning service
- Bed and breakfast
- Can upgrade to half board
Resort height - 1,225m
Highest point - 2,930m
Local Cortina area - 120km of piste
Dolomiti Superski area - 1,200km of piste
SlopesSkiing in Cortina you're surrounded by stupendously beautiful mountains, we've skied all over the world and the scenery here amazes us. With slopes for all levels, you'll be praying for blue sky days just to admire the views.
Blue runs 39%
Red runs 45%
Black runs 16%
Lifts - 38
Mountain huts/restaurants - 44
Artificial snow cover - 95%
Season length - November to May
Beginners - 5/5
Intermediates - 3/5
Experts - 2/5
No queues - 5/5
Cross country - 5/5
Restaurants - 4/5
Charm - 4/5
Scenery - 5/5
Eating out - 4/5
Après ski - 3/5
Off-slope - 5/5
Winter walks | cross-country skiing | extensive shopping | swimming | ice skating | planetarium | observatory | ice hockey matches | spa | trips to Venice | First World War tunnels
Venice - 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes
Cortina lift pass
3 day lift pass from £139
6 day lift pass from £244
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news