Situated slopeside and set within the heart of Courmayeur, Le Massif is a hotel offering every comfort afforded by a modern, luxury ski hotel. Part of The Leading Hotels of the World group, you can expect five-star service and glamorous surroundings at Le Massif. This impressive hotel provides the ideal setting to enjoy the mountains, just 100m from the nearest cable car. Le Massif also boasts an impressive slopeside ski lodge at Plan Checrouit, backing directly onto the pistes of Courmayeur and featuring a fine-dining restaurant and outdoor terrace - the ideal spot for après ski drinks in the sunshine.
Rooms and common areas are decadently decked out with tactile soft furnishings and wooden walls and surfaces. Each of the hotel’s distinctive spaces is presented with great care and attention, celebrating the very best of what the Valle d’Aosta region has to offer. Le Massif features three authentic Italian restaurants (including one steakhouse), two unique bars, and a gourmet sandwich shop, PA-NI-NO, for those looking for a quick bite to eat. With a ski butler to hire and deliver your ski equipment, a breathtaking spa and wellness centre, and an enviable location just three minutes’ walk from the lifts, you’ll want for nothing at this inimitable Italian establishment.
What we like about Le Massif
- Immaculately presented interiors, high-quality furnishings and a family-friendly atmosphere.
- Collect your ski pass at reception, have your ski equipment transported to their slopeside chalet, and store your ski equipment in a heated locker. This is skiing done differently.
- Short walk to the ski lifts and impressive views of the pistes from La Loge du Massif’s terrace.
- La Loge du Massif is located on the piste as is accessible via cable car (payable locally).
- A Kids Club is included, both at the hotel and at La Loge du Massif.
- Children are only allowed in the spa until 4pm. Children’s treatments are available upon request.
- Room rates include Ski Concierge service with heated ski locker and spa access.
- A resort tax of €3pppn is payable locally and is not included in the room rate. This applies to all guests over 12 years of age.
- The spa doesn’t feature a full-sized pool but does feature an indoor-outdoor whirlpool. Customers looking for a proper swimming pool should look elsewhere.
View on map
Distance to lifts5 minute walk
Distance to townCentrally located
Ski regionMont Blanc
Each of the rooms at Le Massif feature modern decoration, and include a private bathroom with shower and toilet, a TV with English speaking channels, a balcony, air conditioning, tea and coffee making facilities, a safe, a minibar, and a hairdryer.
Twin superior rooms feature two single beds.
Sleeps max. 2
Twin deluxe rooms feature two single beds and an additional single sofa bed upon request. Cots for children up to two years old are available on request.
Sleeps max. 3
Junior suites feature one large double bed and an additional extra single bed to sleep one child up to 12 years old upon request. Junior suites also include a lounge/seating area. Cots for children up to two years old are available on request.
Sleeps max. 3
Suites feature one large double bed and an additional extra single sofa bed upon request. Suites also include a lounge/seating area.
Sleeps max. 3
Rooftop suites feature one large double bed and a comfortable double sofa bed, designed to sleep two children. Rooftop suites also include a lounge/seating area and panoramic mountain views.
Sleeps max. 4
- Spa and wellness centre with sauna, Turkish bath, and whirlpool
- Spa treatment rooms
- Heated ski locker in on-piste ski and boot room
- Ski Concierge service
- Fitness room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Three restaurants
- Sandwich shop
- Sun terrace
- On-piste bar
- Parking is available on request
- Bar and lounge
- Children’s area
- Kids Club
- B&B or half board
Resort height - 1,225m
Highest point - 2,755m
Ski areaCourmayeur - 39km of piste
Although not the largest area there are plenty of off-piste runs to explore. If you're a fan of mountain restaurants, you will be in heaven.
Blue runs 27%
Red runs 59%
Black runs 14%
Lifts - 18
Season length - November to April
Beginners - 1/5
Intermediates - 4/5
Experts - 3/5
Snowboarders - 3/5
Families - 2/5
Après - 4/5
Eating out - 4/5
Charm - 4/5
Curling | dog sledding | golf on snow | paragliding | snow biking | snow shoeing | sports centre with climbing wall, squash and tennis
Geneva - 1 hour 30 minutes
Turin - 2 hours
Transfers from Geneva pass through the Mont Blanc Tunnel. Shared transfers will often change vehicles just outside Chamonix so don't be surprised if you're asked to change vans here.
If you hire a car there is a toll cost to pass through the tunnel at around €57 per car (return) and then around €10 in standard toll road charges.
Courmayeur local lift pass
3 day lift pass from £126
6 day lift pass from £229
You can also buy a Mont Blanc Unlimited pass which includes neighbouring Chamonix and gives you a discount on a bus through the Mont Blanc tunnel to Chamonix and back (approx €15 return). The bus timetable can be found here.
Mont Blanc Unlimited lift pass
3 day lift pass from £134
6 day lift pass from £221
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news