Surrounded by snow-capped trees and situated on the edge of Sauze, this family-run hotel offers free parking and an impressive evening menu. The Clotes lift is the closest ski lit, and while this isn’t easily reachable by foot - being a 20-minute walk away - the hotel’s efficiently run shuttle service will get you there in just five minutes. This can be called upon request until midnight each day.
Park Hotel Gran Bosco also features a spa with whirlpool and sauna, bar, terrace, and restaurant, where a four-course dinner is served to half board customers each evening. The terrace in an excellent sun trap, the perfect spot to unwind after an après ski Aperol Spritz at La Capanna Mollino. Park Hotel Gran Bosco's plentiful evening meals are a hotel highlight, expect hearty Italian fare such as bread, antipasti, pasta, and roasted meats and fish.
What we like about Park Hotel Gran Bosco
- Whilst Park Hotel Gran Bosco is set back slightly from the town centre, the upside of this is the hotel’s peaceful surroundings and beautiful views over the valley
- Rooms are clean and comfortable and the hotel staff are accommodating
- The hotel’s ski storage room features heated boot warmers and ample space to store your equipment
- The nearest lift is a 20-minute walk away, so you’ll need to make the most of the hotel shuttle
- Alcohol is not included in the evening meal, but it is very reasonably priced
- There is a charge for use of the spa facilities of €10 per person per half an hour use of either the sauna or the whirlpool and is payable locally. Spa access must be pre-booked 24 hours in advance
- Tourist tax is not included in the room rate and is payable locally to the hotel
View on map
Situated slightly away from the village but easily accessible via the hotel's on-demand shuttle bus, the Park Hotel Gran Bosco looks down the Susa Valley with some fantastic views. The nearest ski lift is the Clotes chairlift which is 1.5km down the road, (a 20 minute walk) but the shuttle will get you there in just five minutes.
Ski regionVia Lattea
Distance to slopes1,500m, 20 minute walk
Distance to town900m, 15 minute walk
Each of the Park Hotel Gran Bosco’s rooms are traditionally decorated in alpine style, and feature private bathroom with shower and toilet, balcony, TV, telephone, hairdryer, and safe. Free parking is available on site. Cots are available on request.
Single rooms have a balcony, a single bed, and an ensuite bathroom with a shower.
Sleeps max. 1
Double or twin room
Double or twin rooms have a balcony, a double or two single beds, and an ensuite bathroom with a shower.
Sleeps max. 2
Triple rooms have a balcony, a double or two single beds, an additional single bed, and an ensuite bathroom with a shower.
Sleeps max. 3
- Spa with sauna and whirlpool
- Hotel shuttle
- Lounge area
- Half board
Resort height - 1,510m
Highest point - 2,825m
Via Lattea (aka Milky Way) - 400km of piste
With plenty of slopes below the tree line and wide-open slopes above, Sauze d'Oulx offers some fantastic cruising terrain. Confident intermediates will be in their element with plenty of kilometres to explore.
Green runs 3%
Blue runs 32%
Red runs 46%
Black runs 19
Lifts - 72
Season length - December to April
Piste extent - 4/5
Beginners - 1/5
Intermediates - 4/5
Experts - 3/5
Snowboarders - 3/5
Après ski - 4/5
Eating out - 3/5
Scenery - 3/5
Queues - 3/5
Fast lifts - 3/5
There's very little to do if you're not skiing or enjoying the après scene, though there is a cinema and day trips to nearby towns such as Turin or Briancon are a good option.
Turin - 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes
Via Lattea area lift pass
3 day lift pass £102
6 day lift pass £194
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news