Away from the busier areas of Niseko Village and Hirafu, the Niseko Northern Resort An’nupuri sits on the edge of Niseko ski resort, in a peaceful location. This does mean you’ll have to hop on the bus or take a taxi to Hirafu but you’ll benefit from having the quiet, emptier slopes on your doorstep.
Access to the snow is incredibly easy: just step outside and onto the piste. It’s then a short ski down the green run to the An’nupuri Gondola (which takes you to the higher slopes and to link with the three other resort areas) or the Jumbo Hooded chair if you’re a beginner.
The Niseko Northern Resort is a lovely hotel offering an exceptional level of service from its friendly staff. The facilities mean you won’t need to travel to the other villages unless you feel like exploring the resort. Within the hotel, you’ve got two restaurants (one buffet and one Japanese), a cosy lounge bar with fireplace, a natural hot spring as well as a sauna and massage treatments. There is also a shop selling gifts and convenience goods.
What we like about Niseko Northern Resort
- Ski in, ski out location at the bottom of the slopes
- Peaceful location - a winter retreat
- Natural hot springs within the hotel (and outside)
- You are in the An'nupuri ski area of Niseko which is the far end of the resort to the main town of Hirafu (a bus or taxi ride away)
- Ski access by beginner green runs so suitable to all
- There's not a great deal around the hotel, just a restaurant or two
View on map
The Niseko Northern Resort An’nupuri sits in the village of An’nupuri, on the edge of Niseko ski resort with ski-in ski-out access. The green piste is just outside the back of the hotel which means you can ski down to the An’nupuri Gondola or the Jumbo Hooded chair.
The quiet location does mean you’ll have to hop on the local bus to Hirafu village, which is about 35 minutes away. The shuttle is complimentary to those with a Niseko All Mountain lift pass (which you’ll need to show to the bus driver). Alternatively, you can ask the hotel to organise a taxi for you.
Distance to liftsSki in, ski out
Distance to town35 minute shuttle
The Niseko Northern Resort An’nupuri has 152 rooms, with standard western twin or doubles as well as deluxe upgrades and suites.
In room amenities
- Flat screen TV
- Hair dryer
- Slippers and Yukata
- Mini fridge
- Hot water pot with teas
- Bathroom amenities
Standard Western Room
Standard rooms have either twin or double beds, some have a single sofa bed. En suite with bath. On the first or second floors.
Approx. 25m2, sleeps max 2 + 1
Deluxe Western Room
Slightly larger than the Standard rooms, the deluxe rooms offer more space and are on the third floor. En suite with bath.
Approx. 30m2, sleeps max. 2 + 1
The Niseko Northern Resort An’nupuri has everything you need for a comfortable stay.
- Eclat Restaurant – buffet style, open kitchen
- An-non Restaurant – Japanese cuisine
- Forester Lounge (with fireplace) – lobby lounge, cocktails in the evenings
- Pinnacle Cafe – views of the slopes (dinner only, reservation required)
- Natural hot spring
- Esthetics massage and treatment salon
- Wilderness library with English and Japanese books and free internet
- Gift/convenience shop
- Ski lockers
- Ski hire
- Self-service laundry facilities
- Complimentary parking
Bed & breakfast
Resort height - 235m
Highest point - 1,210m
Ski areaNiseko United - 48km of piste accessible from the Niseko Annupuri, Niseko Village, Niseko Grand Hirafu and Hanazono resorts.
The pistes are soft you'll struggle to find any ice. The off-piste isn't just accessible to experts especially off the side of the groomed runs - there are 9 gates to the backcountry.
Blue runs 30%
Red runs 40%
Black runs 30%
Lifts - 30
Season length - December to April
Snowiest months - January & February
Average snowfall - nearly a whopping 15 metres per season
Why choose Niseko?
- Ambundance of light, fluffy snow. It's famed for it
- Vibrant main village (Hirafu) plenty to explore
- Hot springs - Onsens
- Great range of pistes for all abilities
- Fantastic food, delicious and varied
- Unusual scenery and rich culture
Cat skiing | cross-country skiing | horse riding | night skiing | onsens | Reindeer sledding | Snow mobiling | snow rafting | snow shoeing
New Chitose - 2 hours 30 minutes
Rusutsu resort - 25 minutes
Niseko United all mountain lift pass
6 day lift pass from £290
9 day lift pass from £424
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news