Accessing our website tells us you are happy to receive all our cookies. However you can change your cookie settings at any time.Find out more
The focal point of Rusutsu resort, and you can step directly onto the slopes from hotels warmth. Located on the west mountain with gondola access to the rest of the resort's terrain the hotel pretty much is Rusutsu Resort.
If you just want to ski (or board) then it’s a great option, the terrain is fantastic and the ski school here is top notch and English speaking. Ski back to the hotel at the end of the day and you won’t need to leave with everything on your doorstep. You don’t have to step outside to sample the live music at Cricket bar, ride the wave pool or try some sushi at Sekkatei.
The Rusutsu Resort Hotel is very family orientated. It’s quirky and fun with singing bears (not real ones!) and a merry-go-round inside. It may sound kitsch but it offers a real flavour of what Japan can be all about. The complex itself is huge with 530 rooms and covers everything you could possibly need in a hotel/town. It has a vast selection of facilities including numerous bars and restaurants, an array of shops, an onsen, massage, games room and a 4D theatre.
- A resort within a hotel with numerous restaurants, a shopping arcade, bars and wave pool
- Ski in, ski out access to the West Mountain - you take the Gondola over to the East Mountain
- Quirky to say the least - dancing bears (not real), Venetian town, merry-go-round and even a theme park outside
- An incredibly compact resort, there's not much outside the hotel
- A huge hotel
- Very family orientated but great for anyone who likes things weird and wonderful
The Rusutsu Resort hotel is located at the base of the West Mt. where you can easily access the slopes and ski directly to the hotel at the end of the day. A gondola links the West Mt. to the East Mt. which is connected to Mt. Isola (the entire ski area).
There are 530 rooms in the Rusutsu Resort Hotel, split over the north and south wings and all very spacious and decorated to a high standard.
In room amenities
The standard western rooms have two twin beds. They can also take an extra bed to sleep a third person some can take a fourth. Mountain views, en suite bathroom with shower.
Approx. 33m2, sleeps max. 4
Bed and breakfast
Dining in the north and south wings
Bars and Pubs
Cafes and fast food
You can also use the restaurants/facilities at the Westin Rusutsu Resort (although some facilities are not included).
Resort height - 235m
Highest point - 994m
Ski areaRusutsu - 42km of piste
There is almost no need for a piste map when the slopes are this easy to navigate. Some of the best and quietest tree skiing you'll find anywhere.
Blue runs 30%
Red runs 40%
Black runs 30%
Lifts - 19
Season length - December to April
Snowiest months - January & February
Why choose Rusutsu?
- Fabulous tree skiing, that remains untracked for much longer than most resorts
- Great English speaking ski schools
- For quirkiness, from a massive theme park to singing bears
- A family-friendly resort with almost everything under the one roof
- Massive amounts of snow and almost empty slopes
Cross-country skiing | horse riding | night skiing | onsens | snowmobiling | snowshoeing | heliskiing | merry-go-round
New Chitose - 2 hours
Niseko resort - 25 minutes
Rusutsu area lift pass
6 day lift pass from £256
9 day lift pass from £381
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news