From the ‘white tea’ scent to the heavenly beds, the Westin has everything you’d expect from this global, luxury brand. The 23 storey hotel towers over the beautiful Hokkaido landscape, so the higher you are, the better the views - the more snow you see.
Situated between the East and West Mountains of Rusutsu, the Westin Rusutsu Resort offers easy access to the slopes with the ski lifts to East Mt. just outside or you can catch the short monorail to West Mt. (although it’s generally quicker to walk the three minutes across the road).
As with everywhere you go in Japan, you’ll receive wonderful Japanese hospitality and at the Westin the service that little bit extra, so you’ll be well and truly looked after throughout your stay.
What we like about the Westin
- 23 storeys mean fantastic views from the upper floors especially
- Outdoor onsen style spa pool
- Fantastic Japanese restaurant Kazahana
- There's a quirky monorail to the rest of the resort
- The white tea scent and heavenly beds are signatures to the Westin brand
- Easy access to the East Mountain
View on map
The Westin Rusutsu Resort is located between the East and West Mountains, with access to the East Mt. ski lift just outside. Alternatively, you can catch the short monorail to the slopes on West Mt. runs until 11pm (although it’s generally quicker to walk the 3 minutes across the road).
Distance to liftsTwo minute snow walk
Distance to townMonorail or short walk
There are over 210 rooms in the Westin Rusutsu Resort, all decorated to a high standard and as the tower reaches 23 stories, it’s likely you’ll get some incredible views over Rusutsu.
In room amenities
- Flat screen TV
- Mini fridge
- Complimentary WiFi
Traditional Western rooms
All rooms in the Westin Rusutsu Resort are great for families and groups as they are split across two levels and can accommodate from 4-7 people, depending on the room size. They are very spacious and include two single, a double or three single beds in the upstairs bedroom and two Murphy beds in the downstairs living room. Some rooms include an additional bedroom downstairs with twin beds.
Approx. 76m2 – 108m2, sleeps max. 7
- The Atrium (Japanese, Chinese and Western buffet breakfast and a la carte lunch and dinner service)
- Kazahana (Japanese kaiseki - traditional banquet served over several courses, Teppanyaki
- counter and fresh Hokkaido produce, we’d recommend pre-booking)
- Indoor-outdoor Onsen (hot springs)
- Small Fitness studio (4 machines)
- Aroma Treatment
- Convenience, gift and sporting shops
- Complimentary WiFi
- Meeting rooms
- Self-service laundry facility
You can also use the restaurants/facilities at the Rusutsu Resort Hotel (although some facilities are not included).
Resort height - 235m
Highest point - 994m
Ski areaRusutsu - 42km of piste
There is almost no need for a piste map when the slopes are this easy to navigate. Some of the best and quietest tree skiing you'll find anywhere.
Blue runs 30%
Red runs 40%
Black runs 30%
Lifts - 19
Season length - December to April
Snowiest months - January & February
Why choose Rusutsu?
- Fabulous tree skiing, that remains untracked for much longer than most resorts
- Great English speaking ski schools
- For quirkiness, from a massive theme park to singing bears
- A family-friendly resort with almost everything under the one roof
- Massive amounts of snow and almost empty slopes
Cross-country skiing | horse riding | night skiing | onsens | snowmobiling | snowshoeing | heliskiing | merry-go-round
New Chitose - 2 hours
Niseko resort - 25 minutes
Rusutsu area lift pass
6 day lift pass from £256
9 day lift pass from £381
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news