Wake up surrounded by mountains, this incredibly stylish ski retreat sits in the centre of Champery, rich in charm and character. The exteriors are beautiful with wrought iron balconies and pastel-coloured panels - it swept us away before we'd stepped foot inside. The hotel doesn't disappoint, from whisky and wine tasting beside the fire to a huge panoramic window in the sauna, the Chesterfield sofas scream opulence and the wood stack walls are a dream but it's the heated outdoor pool that steals the show, embracing the mesmerising views all around it.
What we like:
- Full spa with sauna, hammam and hot tub
- Heated outdoor pool with mountain views
- Insanely friendly staff, you'll feel very welcome indeed
- The decor is beautifully designed, it's so good you can walk around silently without encountering a creaky floorboard - a testament to its quality
- Quiet village centre location with plenty of bars and restaurants is just a short walk away
- There's a shuttle service to take advantage of within Champery
- Gondola to the slopes is 600 metres away, so a 10-minute walk or the shuttle
- Spa and pool open from 10am till 10pm
- It's possible to upgrade your room to B&B catering
- Outdoor pool
- Car parking
View on map
In a quiet location just off the village centre, the Hotel National Resort & Spa is surrounded by some great bars and restaurants and only 600 metres from the gondola to whisk you up the mountain. There is an on request shuttle service to take you wherever you like in resort as well.
Ski regionPortes du Soleil
Distance to slopes600m, 8 minute walk
Distance to village centreIn the village centre
Each of the 16 rooms of the Hotel National Resort & Spa is full of high-end furnishings with plenty of solid wood and natural stone. This is complemented by soft throws and super comfy beds - you even have a choice of pillows.
There is a minibar, TV, radio, hairdryer, toiletries, bathrobes etc. and tea making facilities in every room.
Standard rooms have twin beds or a double and an en-suite bathroom with a shower or bath.
Sleeps max. 2
Superior rooms, again, have two twin beds or a double and en-suite bathroom and they also have a balcony. These are a little larger than the standard rooms.
Sleeps max. 2
Deluxe twins have twin beds or a double, en-suite bathroom and a balcony/terrace with mountain views. There's a small seating area in the room and a desk as well.
Sleeps max. 2
- Bar with fire
- Outdoor heated swimming pool
- Spa (open 10am till 10pm)
- Indoor pool
- Panoramic sauna
- Hot tub
- WiFi throughout
- Shoe-polishing machine
- Shuttle service to anywhere in Champery (on request)
- Car park next to the hotel
- Room only with a possible B&B upgrade on request
Champéry resort guide
- Resort height - 1,037m-2,146m
- Highest point - 2,275m
- Chambery-Les Crosets ski area - aprox. 100 km of piste (linked)
- Portes du Soleil (wider area) - 650 km (not all linked)
Ideal for intermediate skiing with a huge amount of slopes to travel around. Beginners may find the area a little tougher though.
- Blue runs 50 %
- Red runs 36%
- Black runs 14%
Lifts - 35 (196 in Portes du Soleil)
Nordic skiing (cross-country) - 7km
Season length - December to April
- Beginners - 2/5
- Intermediates - 4/5
- Experts - 3/5
- Snowboarders - 3/5
- Families - 3/5
- Après - 3/5
- Eating out - 4/5
- Charm - 4/5
- Scenery - 4/5
Cross-country skiing | Palladium - gym, indoor and outdoor pools, ice skating, curling, climbing wall | winter walks | paragliding | snowshoeing | concerts and events - try www.champery.ch to see if anything is on whilst you are skiing | just down the road in Val-d'illiez are the thermal spas https://www.thermes-parc.com/en/
Geneva - 1 hour 45 minutes
Portes du Soleil area lift pass
- 3 day lift pass from £145
- 6 day lift pass from £270
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news