A dark wood-clad attractive chalet-style building in the middle of the main street in Champéry. You won't find a warmer welcome and that's a huge reason why we love it here - you're made to feel like a regular. Well, that and the strong afternoon tea game with a great homemade cake spread laid on by the hotel every afternoon.
Rooms are simple, bright and spacious in the typical mountain style with plenty of light pine wood. The Bar des Guides is the hotel hangout with a relaxed atmosphere and a good mix of locals and tourists and as for the skiing side of things the boot room is actually nice and spacious for once, with the free shuttle bus stopping right outside - giving you the choice of a short walk or hopping on the bus to the gondola.
What we like:
- Warm welcome and amazingly friendly staff
- Complimentary afternoon tea and cakes every day from 4-6pm
- Wine tasting and local product tasting on the veranda from 6-8pm for just CHF 15 per person
- A decent bar within the hotel that attracts a good mix of punters
- Simple but delicious continental breakfast with a hot option or two as well, if you're lucky
- Complimentary shuttle bus stops right outside the hotel to take you to the gondola (ski lift)
- The village gondola is only 500m away, a seven-minute walk
- The Palladium Sports Centre is really close by if you fancy some non-ski fun
View on map
The Hotel Suisse has a great central location on the main street not far from the Palladium Sports centre. The complimentary resort shuttle bus stops right outside which can take you to the village gondola or the high-speed chairlift further up the road. The Gondola is only 500 metres away which would take around 10 minutes in ski boots, less if you're walking in your normal shoes.
The Hotel is perfect for enjoying the apres ski around the resort and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. The local creperie is a great spot to get some insider tips on the area and enjoy tasty crepes of course.
Ski regionPortes du Soleil
Distance to slopes500m to village gondola
Distance to townIn the village centre
All rooms at the Hotel Suisse are surprisingly spacious, each has a hairdryer, towels, TV, free parking, and WiFi.
Economy rooms are the entry-level room with twin beds and a view facing the village. The en-suite has a bath or shower.
Sleeps max. 2
Standard rooms have twin beds (they can be pushed together) and mountain views. The en-suite has a bath or shower.
Sleeps max. 2
Family rooms or spacious budget rooms are larger than the twins, with twin beds as well as a sofa bed that can sleep up to two children. There is also a balcony/terrace and the en-suite has a bath or shower.
Sleeps max. 4
Comfort rooms have twin beds and mountain views. The en-suite has a bath or shower.
Sleeps max. 2
Hotel best twin
These spacious rooms have twin beds and a sofa bed for up to 2 children. There is also a balcony/terrace with mountain views. The en-suite has a bath or shower.
Sleeps max. 4
- Homemade cakes and pastries each day 4-6pm
- Veranda with wine tasting 6-8pm each day for CHF 15 per person
- Bar des Guides
- Cosy seating area around the fire
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary WiFi
- Shuttle bus stop right outside
- Ski and boot room
- Bed and breakfast
- Half board
Champéry resort guide
- Resort height - 1,037m-2,146m
- Highest point - 2,275m
- Chambery-Les Crosets ski area - aprox. 100 km of piste (linked)
- Portes du Soleil (wider area) - 650 km (not all linked)
Ideal for intermediate skiing with a huge amount of slopes to travel around. Beginners may find the area a little tougher though.
- Blue runs 50 %
- Red runs 36%
- Black runs 14%
Lifts - 35 (196 in Portes du Soleil)
Nordic skiing (cross-country) - 7km
Season length - December to April
- Beginners - 2/5
- Intermediates - 4/5
- Experts - 3/5
- Snowboarders - 3/5
- Families - 3/5
- Après - 3/5
- Eating out - 4/5
- Charm - 4/5
- Scenery - 4/5
Cross-country skiing | Palladium - gym, indoor and outdoor pools, ice skating, curling, climbing wall | winter walks | paragliding | snowshoeing | concerts and events - try www.champery.ch to see if anything is on whilst you are skiing | just down the road in Val-d'illiez are the thermal spas https://www.thermes-parc.com/en/
Geneva - 1 hour 45 minutes
Portes du Soleil area lift pass
- 3 day lift pass from £145
- 6 day lift pass from £270
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news