On the edge of the small village of Champéry, Le White is - as you may have guessed - predominantly white with light grey being the alternative tone of choice. A small, contemporary boutique hotel full of whitewashed wood, lush carpets, and faux fur blankets. A serene picture that is quite striking covered in snow. There's a sauna and sensory shower to take the weight off your legs after a day on the slopes and the independently run hotel restaurant 'Le 42' will be open for winter 2019/20 serving up some delicious dishes no doubt. The views of the Dents du Midi mountains are impressive, a real relaxing refuge for a low key ski break.
What we like:
- Quiet location yet with easy access to the town and ski lifts
- Well designed decor (who doesn't like a soft white palette) with a high-end finish
- Sauna and sensory shower to relax in
- Great choice on the breakfast buffet with decent coffee
- The hotel is a kilometre from the main gondola but there's a free shuttle bus that stops 50m down the road with a regular and punctual service
- Private parking is available if you chose to drive (daily fee)
- Complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel
- Massages are available on request
View on map
Toward the edge of Champéry village, Hotel Le White has a quiet location close to the village train station. Though it's a kilometre from the ski lifts, there's a regular (and punctual) free shuttle service that stops 50 metres down the road.
Ski regionPortes du Soleil
Distance to slopes1km, 12 minute walk
Distance to village centre200m, 3 minute walk
There are 2 suites and 24 rooms at Le White Hotel, each has a TV, radio, free WiFi, minibar, safe, and a courtesy tray for hot drinks.
Standard rooms face North/North-East with views of the woods or valley side. There are twin beds or a king bed and an en-suite bathroom. Some can accommodate a baby cot.
Approx. 18-20sqm, sleeps max. 2
Deluxe rooms are on the front of the hotel with South-facing balconies looking over the Dents du Midi and Champéry Village. The rooms have either a king bed or twin beds (request on booking) and en-suite bathroom. Some rooms can interconnect with other deluxe rooms.
Approx. 16-20sqm, sleeps max. 2
2 suites are also available up to 35sqm sleeping a maximum of 2 people.
- Breakfast buffet
- Independent restaurant 'Le 42'
- Sensory shower
- Massage (on request)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Ski storage
- Private parking (additional fee)
- Bed & Breakfast
Champéry resort guide
- Resort height - 1,037m-2,146m
- Highest point - 2,275m
- Chambery-Les Crosets ski area - aprox. 100 km of piste (linked)
- Portes du Soleil (wider area) - 650 km (not all linked)
Ideal for intermediate skiing with a huge amount of slopes to travel around. Beginners may find the area a little tougher though.
- Blue runs 50 %
- Red runs 36%
- Black runs 14%
Lifts - 35 (196 in Portes du Soleil)
Nordic skiing (cross-country) - 7km
Season length - December to April
- Beginners - 2/5
- Intermediates - 4/5
- Experts - 3/5
- Snowboarders - 3/5
- Families - 3/5
- Après - 3/5
- Eating out - 4/5
- Charm - 4/5
- Scenery - 4/5
Cross-country skiing | Palladium - gym, indoor and outdoor pools, ice skating, curling, climbing wall | winter walks | paragliding | snowshoeing | concerts and events - try www.champery.ch to see if anything is on whilst you are skiing | just down the road in Val-d'illiez are the thermal spas https://www.thermes-parc.com/en/
Geneva - 1 hour 45 minutes
Portes du Soleil area lift pass
- 3 day lift pass from £145
- 6 day lift pass from £270
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news