Boutique Hotel Le Morgane prides itself on its stylish Nordic architecture with contemporary furnishings - they often use the reception area to showcase work from local artists. Each of the 56 modern rooms boasts a balcony or terrace, offering superb views of the surrounding mountains.
The excellent facilities within the Hotel Le Morgane encourage relaxation, with an indoor pool, a steam room, a sauna and treatment rooms in the Deep Nature Spa. The hotel’s bar offers cocktails and vintage wines and its restaurant, 'Le Comptoir Nordique', plays on the Scandinavian nature of the hotel with specialities in fish and game meat. Their delicatessen also sells Swedish and Norwegian delicacies. The Morgane also features a lounge area where you can watch films, however this is also occasionally occupied as a meeting room.
We love Le Morgane as it offers a luxuriously elegant stay in the centre of Chamonix, a step up from most hotels in the area yet without breaking the bank.
What we like:
- The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from the ski lifts - a rarity and welcomed luxury in Chamonix
- On a quiet street in Chamonix's centre, Le Morgane is elegant and intimate
- A Nordic influence brings a fresh, clean feel and great food to the hotel
- You will (like most hotels in Chamonix) have to catch the bus/shuttle to the ski slopes
- You can borrow a GoPro, sledge or bike for free from reception
- There is a guest relation manager on hand to make suggestions and help where he can
- Aiguille du Midi sightseeing lift is less than 200m down the road
- Spa facilities are open from 10am to 8.30pm
- A free bus runs to the Brévent and Flégère lifts on demand
- Steam room
- Ski lockers
- Car parking
- Room service
View on map
Hotel Le Morgane is centrally located in Chamonix town centre, just five minutes walk from the Aiguille du Midi cable car, which takes you up to the famous off-piste route, the Vallee Blanche. The ski bus stop is directly outside the hotel giving you easy access to the Vallee Blanche, the Brévent and Les Grands Montets.
Ski RegionMont Blanc
Distance to slopes750m to Brévent
Distance to townIn town
All rooms at Hotel Le Morgane are equipped with the following amenities:
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Bathrobe and slippers
Suitable for one person, Single rooms have a double bed, a shower, toilet and a balcony.
Approx. 18m2, sleeps max. 1
Standard rooms include a double bed (no twin beds), a bathroom, a separate toilet and a balcony.
Approx. 20m2, sleeps max. 2
Superior rooms feature one double or two twin beds, a bathroom, a separate toilet and balcony. Superior rooms feature a view of the town and can be interconnecting to the standard room type.
Approx. 22m2, sleeps max. 2
Deluxe rooms include one double or two twin beds, a shower, a separate toilet and a balcony or terrace. For a child there is a convertible armchair.
Approx. 25m2, sleeps max. 2 + 1 child (under 12 years)
Junior Suites can fit up to four guests and include one double or two twin beds, a lounge area with sofa bed, a bathroom, a separate toilet, a balcony or terrace.
Approx. 27-32m2, sleeps max 3 or 2 adults and 2 children (under 12 years old)
- Gastronomic restaurant le Bistrot
- Cocktail bar
- Reading lounge
- Deep Nature Spa with massage and beauty treatments
- Shallow indoor pool (4x4m and not suitable for swimming)
- Steam room
- Ski room with lockers and ski boot heaters
- Laundry, dry cleaning
- 24hr concierge
- Room service
- Go pro cameras, ski helmets and back protection for loan
- Free outdoor parking, interior parking at additional cost (15€ per night)
Bed & breakfast
Upgrade to half board (on request due to limited seating in the restaurant)
Chamonix ski weekends
Resort height - 1,035m
Highest point - 3,840m
Ski areaMont Blanc ski area - 115km of piste in the local area, 410km of piste with Mont Blanc unlimited pass
Green runs 12%
Blue runs 42%
Red runs 31%
Black runs 15%
Lifts - 42
Season length - December to April
Beginners - 2/5
Intermediates - 2/5
Experts - 5/5
Snowboarders - 3/5
Families - 2/5
Après - 4/5
Eating out - 5/5
Charm - 4/5
Scenery - 5/5
Cross-country skiing | snow shoeing | ice climbing | dog sledding | heliskiing | mountaineering | paragliding | speed riding
Tandem paragliding will cost around the 100€ mark or you could take a sightseeing trip in a helicopter from 75€ per person.
Geneva - 1 hour
Chambery - 1 hour 45 minutes
Chamonix Le Pass (local lift pass)
3 day lift pass from £134
6 day lift pass from £221
Chamonix Mont Blanc area lift pass
3 day lift pass from £141
6 day lift pass from £247
- When booking for 2 or more days the Chamonix Mont Blanc pass includes unlimited skiing in Courmayeur and the Evasion Mont Blanc ski area including Megeve, Saint Gervais and Les Contamines for the duration of your pass. You also get 50% off a Verbier day pass when you buy a 6 day Mont Blanc pass
- Free buses run daily to Megeve from Chamonix Sud station (outside Les Aiglons hotel) - roughly twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon
- There are also daily buses to Courmayeur for 15€ return with a Mont Blanc pass (25€ return without a pass)
- Mont Blanc passes also include a daily Chamonix luge ride, use of the town swimming pool and ice rink, entry to the Alpin museum, the Skyway Monte Bianco in Courmayeur, Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix and use of the Train du Montenvers and the Mer de Glace to visit the glacial caves and old mountain refuge
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news