St-Alban Hotel & Spa
St-Alban Hotel & Spa is designed with comfort and convenience in mind, which is ideal for the likes of anyone looking for a flexible winter getaway. Newly built in 2019, the contemporary wood and stone exterior blends beautifully into the traditional Savoyard village of La Clusaz. Art-deco inspired interiors, soft lighting, luxurious leather chairs and book lined walls all make for a sophisticated, cosy atmosphere.
Sat just 550 yards from the La Clusaz Ski School and with two lifts (Crêt du Merle and Bossonet) just a short walk away, St-Alban Hotel & Spa certainly delivers on location. Positioned in a sun-drenched south-facing spot with views of the Bossonet and Beauregard pistes.
The hotel also runs a free shuttle service to the lifts in the town centre every morning and to get home there’s a free ski bus every ten minutes, which stops just below the hotel’s ski room. What’s even better is the fact that you don’t have to waste valuable ski time if you’re hiring any equipment because the ski shop’s inside the hotel.
Known for its memorable interior design quirks - notably the net reading nooks above the family suite rooms - and stand-out service, St-Alban Hotel & Spa certainly won’t disappoint. The lounge bar area is the central hub and the best place for cocktails and gourmet bar snacks. Chill out here when you get back from the slopes; meet friends, play board games or borrow one of the hundreds of books from the library. This area converts into a breakfast room for the morning, ready for you to fuel up before you head out on the mountains.
Featuring private parking, ski storage space, equipment hire shop, and ski pass sales point, there’s plenty of amenities. Plus, we can’t forget to mention the NUXE Spa, featuring 250m² of pure relaxation. The small indoor pool, sauna, sensory showers and relaxation area are all at your disposal. They also offer a range of massages and beauty treatments – so if your ski-weary bodies need some TLC, this is the perfect antidote.
Le Crusez pretty village centre’s just a short walk down from the hotel. You’ll find a great choice of local restaurants and although there’s no wild party scene here, there’s lots of nice bars to check out.
What we like:
- Easy access to the slopes with two ski lifts under 1000 yards away from the hotel
- Perfect for families, with custom room options for two and three children groups
- Access to the indoor heated pool, sauna, Turkish bath and jacuzzi is available at no extra charge
- La Clusaz is a traditional Savoyard village and there's still a weekly market in the church square every Monday from 8am till 12pm
- A shuttle to take you directly to the chair lifts is available daily at no extra cost
- A ski hire shop is located in the hotel, giving you more time for skiing
- Complimentary afternoon tea is served between 4 and 5pm
- Daily housekeeping and towels and linens are included for all rooms
- Private parking is available on site and costs €15 per day
- The bar only serves drinks and snacks, but you’ll find lots of great local restaurants a short walk away in town
- Resort tax paid locally and is approximately €2.40 per person, per day.
- Steam room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Ski lockers
- Car parking
- Games room
- Laundry service
View on map
The hotel looks out across the Bossonet and Beauregard pistes and it’s just a five-minute walk down to the Bossonet gondola, where the ski school meeting point is. The hotel provide a free shuttle service in the mornings to the lifts in the centre of the village – which takes less than five minutes. To get back to the hotel from the village centre you can use the free ski bus which runs every 10 minutes and stops just below the hotel’s ski room.
The ski hire shop is located inside the hotel, making it super easy to get your equipment. The centre of the village is about 500 metres down the hill from the hotel, where there’s lots of nice bars, shops and restaurants.
Distance to slopes500m, 6 minute walk
Distance to town500m
Beautifully decorated with soft hues and fine materials the rooms at St Alban Hotel & Spa are both elegant and contemporary.
All rooms have mountain views, TV, safe, hair dryer, mini bar, kettle, Nespresso machine, WiFi, desk, telephone, and are accessible via an elevator.
Classic rooms have either one double bed or two twin beds and an en suite bathroom. They have a balcony and mountain views.
Approx. 18-22m², sleeps max. 2
Superior rooms have a double or two single beds, plus an armchair single bed for a child. Baby cots are available on request in these rooms. They have a balcony and mountain views and an en suite bathroom.
Approx. 23-27m², sleeps max. 3 (2 adults + 1 child max. 12 years)
Deluxe, family and duplex rooms sleeping up to 5 people are also available upon request.
Please be advised that safety standards with regards to balconies differ in France and on occasion, you may be allocated a room whereby the balcony is lower than we would expect in the UK.
For your own safety, please ensure that you take care when on the balcony and do not lean on or over the railings. If you have children below the age of 12 in your party, please ensure that they are supervised and not left unattended at any time.
- Breakfast room (7am - 10am)
- Bar (open 4pm – midnight)
- Gourmet snacks available in the bar between 5.30 – 8.30pm
- Occasional live music in the bar
- Board games
- Spa with pool, sauna, sensory showers and relaxation area
- Massages and beauty treatments (additional cost)
- High speed complimentary WiFi
- Conference facilities (up to 60 people)
- Underground parking and valet service (additional cost)
- Heated boot room
- Ski hire shop located in the hotel
- Laundry service (additional cost)
- Free shuttle to the ski slopes
- Bed and breakfast
La Clusaz ski weekends
Resort height - 1,100m
Highest point - 2,477m
La Clusaz ski area - 125km of piste (lift linked)
Aravais ski area - 210km (connected by shuttle)
La Clusaz is perfect for intermediate skiers with the Balme area often having the best snow. The area is quickly becoming a freeride mecca (off-piste) so plenty for the adventurous as well.
Green runs 21%
Blue runs 36%
Red runs 35%
Black runs 8%
Lifts - 49
Season length - December to April
Beginners - 4/5
Intermediates - 4/5
Experts - 3/5
Snowboarders - 3/5
Families - 4/5
Après - 3/5
Eating out - 4/5
Charm - 4/5
Scenery - 4/5
Cross-country skiing | aqua park - outdoor and indoor pools, hot tub, baby pools, water fountains, sauna, hammam, fitness machines | ice rink | ice garden (children aged 2 to 10) | sledging | snowshoeing | ski joering (skiing pulled by a horse) | bowling | snowmobiling | ice car tour | dog sledding | horse-drawn carts | horse-drawn sleighs | horseback riding | pony sledding (for children)
Geneva - 1 hour
TGV rail station at Annecy - 30 minutes
La Clusaz local lift pass
3 day lift pass from £103
6 day lift pass from £190
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news