La Folie Douce Hotel comes from the brand known for slopeside parties and who have reinvented this historical palace of Le Savoy into their flagship hotel. Right on the slopes, La Folie Douce Hotel is the only ski in hotel in Chamonix, set at the foot of the Savoy lift which links into the Brevent and Flegere ski areas. Finally, a hotel in Chamonix where taking the bus is not a necessity. You have, arguably, the two best ski areas in Chamonix on your doorstep.
Every evening except on Sunday there is typically Folie Douce cabaret style entertainment in the restaurant and throughout public areas of the hotel.
Of course, being a Folie Douce the hotel will not forget its much-loved roots in the form of après parties. Each day the After Mountain Bar hosts live music from 4-8pm. In the heart of the hotel La Janssen Cocktail Club is the perfect haven to enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail, in a more relaxed atmosphere to the après party. On top of this, there's a 640 square metre spa with 8 massage rooms, 2 saunas and a steam room as well as an outdoor heated pool with mountain views, a fitness room and yoga classes in the valley.
There are 4 restaurants to sample in the evenings:
- La Petite Cuisine - Family style restaurant focusing on quality, local produce and a great atmosphere
- La Fruitière – The famous chic bistro offering elegant and authentic gastronomic delights
- Le Mayen – Think fondue and raclette
- La Piazza – Authentic Italian pizza and spritz on an amazing terrace
And children have not been forgotten with a kids palace that runs from 9am till 6pm (plus evenings 7 pm till 11pm) for 4-12 year olds. This includes indoor and outdoor activities from movie nights to mountain excursions. Only available during school holidays.
What we like
- Ski in accommodation in Chamonix, say no more
- After Mountain aprés party, Folie Douce is famous for it
- Gorgeous outdoor pool with stunning views - pool and spa facilities can be accessed all day on the day of checkout
- There is a ski rental shop in the hotel with the latest Rossignol and Black Crow gear
- All room types include spa entry
- To ski back at the end of the day there is a black run that leads onto the green or you can catch the gondola down
- There is a visitors tax payable in resort (normally a couple of euros per person per day)
- Guests get a digital bracelet you can charge anything in the hotel too - you get a balance update each day - one for the tech heads
- An acrobatic show takes place in the atrium from 8pm and a dance show happens in the restaurant from 9pm every day except Sunday (book a table to get the best spot)
- Outdoor pool
- Steam room
- Car parking
View on map
La Folie Douce Hotel sits at the foot of the Savoy Lift with ski in, ski out access on beginner slopes. The Savoy lift links into the Brevent/Flegere ski area meaning you won't have to get on a bus each morning in order to ski. In addition, the town centre is only 250m down the road, so easily walkable if you want to venture into town in the evenings. We highly recommend you do as Chamonix has so much choice and so much going on each evening.
Ski regionChamonix Mont Blanc
Distance to slopesSki in
Distance to town250m, 3 minute walk
There are two room standards Access and Premium (unofficially 3 star rooms and 4 star rooms). Most rooms can be connecting, some rooms have balconies, and all rooms come with a room safe and toiletries. Wheelchair accessible rooms are available on request.
Include WiFi, heating with temperature control, TV, safe and there are washing machines and personal lockers on each floor.
- Access rooms for 2: Rooms have a double bed or 2 single beds and a shower in the bathroom. Approx. 18m2, sleeps max 2.
- Access rooms for 4: Rooms with 3 bunk beds and a single bed, the bathroom has a shower. Approx. 18m2, sleeps max. 4
- Access rooms for family: Rooms consist of a standard room interconnecting with a room for 4. So you have two separate rooms with two separate bathrooms. Approx. 36m2, sleeps max. 6
Have WiFi, temperature controls, TV, safe, hairdryer, a laundry service, coffee machine and bathrobes with slippers.
- Premium for 2: Rooms have either a double or two single beds, the bathroom has a shower. Approx. 20m2, sleeps max 2
- Premium for 2+: Rooms have one double or 2 single beds and a sofa bed, the bathroom has a shower. Approx. 26m2, sleeps max 2 adults, 1 child (under 12 years old)
- Premium family rooms (4 people): Rooms have a double or 2 twin beds and a bunk bed, the bathroom has a shower. Approx. 28-35m2, sleeps max. 2 adults, 2 children (under 12 years old).
- Le Petite Cuisine restaurant (Italian/French cuisine)
- La Fruitière Brasserie (traditional French gourmet restaurant)
- La Piazza (Pizza)
- Le Mayen (Fondue & raclette)
- The Janssen Cocktail Club
- After Mountain Bar (live music everyday 4-8pm)
- Games room
- 640m2 spa
- 8 massage rooms
- 2 saunas
- Steam room
- Fitness room
- Yoga classes
- Heated outdoor pool
- Pro shop for rental equipment
- Meeting rooms
- 2 boutiques (on site shops)
- Indoor car park (100 spaces) 25€ per day
- Outdoor car park (55 spaces)
- Kids club (8am til 9pm) 4-12 year olds (school holidays only).
- Complimentary WiFi
- Room Only
- Breakfast can be added after booking, speak to one of our sales experts
Chamonix ski weekends
Resort height - 1,035m
Highest point - 3,840m
Ski areaMont Blanc ski area - 115km of piste in the local area, 410km of piste with Mont Blanc unlimited pass
Green runs 12%
Blue runs 42%
Red runs 31%
Black runs 15%
Lifts - 42
Season length - December to April
Beginners - 2/5
Intermediates - 2/5
Experts - 5/5
Snowboarders - 3/5
Families - 2/5
Après - 4/5
Eating out - 5/5
Charm - 4/5
Scenery - 5/5
Cross-country skiing | snow shoeing | ice climbing | dog sledding | heliskiing | mountaineering | paragliding | speed riding
Tandem paragliding will cost around the 100€ mark or you could take a sightseeing trip in a helicopter from 75€ per person.
Geneva - 1 hour
Chambery - 1 hour 45 minutes
Chamonix Le Pass (local lift pass)
3 day lift pass from £134
6 day lift pass from £221
Chamonix Mont Blanc area lift pass
3 day lift pass from £141
6 day lift pass from £247
- When booking for 2 or more days the Chamonix Mont Blanc pass includes unlimited skiing in Courmayeur and the Evasion Mont Blanc ski area including Megeve, Saint Gervais and Les Contamines for the duration of your pass. You also get 50% off a Verbier day pass when you buy a 6 day Mont Blanc pass
- Free buses run daily to Megeve from Chamonix Sud station (outside Les Aiglons hotel) - roughly twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon
- There are also daily buses to Courmayeur for 15€ return with a Mont Blanc pass (25€ return without a pass)
- Mont Blanc passes also include a daily Chamonix luge ride, use of the town swimming pool and ice rink, entry to the Alpin museum, the Skyway Monte Bianco in Courmayeur, Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix and use of the Train du Montenvers and the Mer de Glace to visit the glacial caves and old mountain refuge
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news