La Folie Douce Hotel opened in December 2018, the brand known for slopeside parties are reinventing the historical palace of Le Savoy into their flagship hotel. Right on the slopes, La Folie Douce Hotel is ski in, ski out at the foot of the Savoy lift which links into the Brevent and Flegere ski areas. Finally, a hotel in Chamonix where taking the bus is not a necessity. You have, arguably, the two best ski areas in Chamonix on your doorstep.
Of course, being a Folie Douce the hotel will not forget its much-loved roots in the form of aprés parties. Each day the After Mountain Bar will host live music from 4-8pm, we expect this to be the feisty Folie experience that has changed the aprés scene across France but we'll have to wait until the season begins to find out. On top of this, there's a 640 square metre spa with 8 massage rooms, 2 saunas and a steam room as well as an outdoor heated pool with mountain views, a fitness room and yoga classes in the valley.
There are 3 restaurants to sample in the evenings and a chill out wine bar for a calmer post ski experience to the After Mountain party. And children have not been forgotten with a kids club that runs from 8am til 9pm for 4-12 year olds. This includes ski lessons as well as indoor and outdoor activities from movie nights to mountain excursions.
What we like
- Ski in, ski out accommodation in Chamonix, say no more
- After Mountain aprés party, Folie Douce is famous for
- Gorgeous outdoor pool with stunning views
- Kid club looks after 4-12 year olds all day should you wish. Le Kids Palace is 72€ per day including ski lessons, lunch and activities. Or the evening session, 5-9pm, is 30€ including dinner
- There is a ski rental shop in the hotel with the latest Rossignol and Black Crow gear
- Access rooms don't include spa entry (9€ per day), Premium rooms do include spa entry
- To ski back at the end of the day there is a black run that leads onto the green or you can catch the gondola down
- There is a visitors tax payable in resort (normally a couple of euros per person per day)
- Guests get a digital bracelet you can charge anything in the hotel too - you get a balance update each day - one for the tech heads
View on map
La Folie Douce Hotel sits at the foot of the Savoy Lift with ski in, ski out access on beginner slopes. The Savoy lift links into the Brevent/Flegere ski area meaning you won't have to get on a bus each morning in order to ski. In addition, the town centre is only 250m down the road, so easily walkable if you want to venture into town in the evenings. We highly recommend you do as Chamonix as so much choice and so much going on each evening.
Ski regionChamonix Mont Blanc
Distance to slopesSki in, ski out
Distance to town250m, 3 minute walk
There are two room standards (unofficially 3 star rooms and 4 star rooms).
3 star rooms are Access rooms and the 4 star standard are the Premium rooms. The difference is mainly in the decor and access to the spa, your choice may depend on whether you want a bolt hole to go back to each evening or more of a space to enjoy.
These rooms include WiFi, heating with temperature control, TV, safe and there are washing machines and personal lockers on each floor). These rooms do not have complimentary spa access (including the outdoor pool).
Standard Access rooms have a double bed or 2 single beds and a shower in the bathroom.
Approx. 18m2, sleeps max. 2
Friends Access rooms have 3 bunk beds and a single bed, the bathroom has a shower.
Approx. 18m2, sleeps max. 4
Family Access rooms consist of a standard room interconnecting with a friends room. So you have two separate rooms with two separate bathrooms.
Approx. 36m2, sleeps max. 6
Premium rooms include the complimentary spa and pool access. They also have WiFi, temperature controls, TV, safe, hairdryer, a laundry service, coffee machine and bathrobes with slippers.
Premium standard rooms have either a double or two single beds, the bathroom has a shower.
Approx. 18m2, sleeps max. 2
Premium superior rooms have one double or 2 single beds and a sofa bed, the bathroom has a shower.
Approx. 26m2, sleeps max. 3
Premium family rooms have a double or 2 twin beds and a bunk bed, the bathroom has a shower.
Approx. 28-35m2, sleeps max. 2 adults, 2 children (under 12 years old)
- Le Petite Cuisine restaurant (Italian/French cuisine)
- La Fruitière Brasserie (traditional French gourmet restaurant)
- Le Kiosque (street food)
- The Janssen chill out wine bar
- After Mountain Bar (live music everyday 4-8pm)
- Games room
- 640m2 spa
- 8 massage rooms
- 2 saunas
- Steam room
- Fitness room
- Yoga classes
- Heated outdoor pool
- Pro shop for rental equipment
- Meeting rooms
- 2 boutiques (on site shops)
- Indoor car park (100 spaces) 10€ per day
- Outdoor car park (55 spaces)
- Kids club (8am til 9pm) 4-12 year olds
- Complimentary WiFi
- Bed and breakfast
- Half board - Evening meals are taken in Le Petite Cuisine restaurant, if you want to eat in either of the other two restaurants you get credit back to use on the a la carte menus
Chamonix ski weekends
Resort height - 1,035m
Highest point - 3,840m
Ski areaMont Blanc ski area - 115km of piste in the local area, 410km of piste with Mont Blanc unlimited pass
Green runs 12%
Blue runs 42%
Red runs 31%
Black runs 15%
Lifts - 42
Season length - December to April
Beginners - 2/5
Intermediates - 2/5
Experts - 5/5
Snowboarders - 3/5
Families - 2/5
Après - 4/5
Eating out - 5/5
Charm - 4/5
Scenery - 5/5
Cross-country skiing | snow shoeing | ice climbing | dog sledding | heliskiing | mountaineering | paragliding | speed riding
Tandem paragliding will cost around the 100€ mark or you could take a sightseeing trip in a helicopter from 75€ per person.
Geneva - 1 hour
Chambery - 1 hour 45 minutes
Chamonix Le Pass (local lift pass)
3 day lift pass from £134
6 day lift pass from £221
Chamonix Mont Blanc area lift pass
3 day lift pass from £141
6 day lift pass from £247
- When booking for 2 or more days the Chamonix Mont Blanc pass includes unlimited skiing in Courmayeur and the Evasion Mont Blanc ski area including Megeve, Saint Gervais and Les Contamines for the duration of your pass. You also get 50% off a Verbier day pass when you buy a 6 day Mont Blanc pass
- Free buses run daily to Megeve from Chamonix Sud station (outside Les Aiglons hotel) - roughly twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon
- There are also daily buses to Courmayeur for 15€ return with a Mont Blanc pass (25€ return without a pass)
- Mont Blanc passes also include a daily Chamonix luge ride, use of the town swimming pool and ice rink, entry to the Alpin museum, the Skyway Monte Bianco in Courmayeur, Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix and use of the Train du Montenvers and the Mer de Glace to visit the glacial caves and old mountain refuge
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news