Contemporary and retro – two words that shouldn’t go together, yet the Hotel l'Héliopic combines them magnificently. In a prime location in Chamonix next to the Aiguille du Midi lift, the hotel spa will blow you away if the views haven’t already done so.
Two interlinked four storey chalets facing Mont Blanc make up the Hotel Heliopic, with the resort shuttle stopping right outside and the pedestrianised Chamonix centre moments away. Inside it’s rather contemporary; the hotel has a 1960’s elegance where dashes of bright colours mix with retro mountain chic.
The Nuxe Spa is definitely the highlight, with huge bay windows overlooking the Mont Blanc Valley. The Pool is the focal point and hanging designer egg chairs surround the fire pit – it’s easy to lose hours in here. With the water wall, Jacuzzi, sauna, hammam, ice grotto, treatment rooms, cold bath and even a tea room.
The Hotel l’Héliopic is simply a fantastic base to explore everything Chamonix has to offer.
What we like
- Brand new for 2018 restaurant Akashon is a welcomed addition
- The pool is awesome with egg chairs around the fire pit
- Location next to Aiguille du Midi is perfect, bus stop outside and town centre just up the road
- The Aiguille du Midi is an off-piste/sightseeing lift with no piste access
- As with most of Chamonix you will have to catch the bus to the slopes
- There are adults only times in the pool and spa
View on map
The Hotel l’Héliopic, Chamonix sits next to the Aiguille du Midi cable car, where you can travel to the top of Mont Blanc and see the stunning views across the Alps or tackle the famous Vallee Blanche – an advanced off-piste itinerary. We highly recommend you take a guide if you’re planning on doing this. The hotel is only a short walk from the pedestrianised centre and the shuttle to the various ski areas stops right outside.
Ski regionMont Blanc
Distance to slopes1km to Brevent
Distance to town300m
All rooms at Hotel L’Héliopic in Chamonix are equipped with the following amenities:
- DVD player (complimentary DVD’s available to rent from the library)
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Complimentary WiFi
Standard rooms consist of one large double or two twin beds, a balcony with views of the mountains and a bathroom with a bath.
Approx. 22m2, sleep max. 2
Superior rooms can fit two adults and one child and feature a large double or two twin beds and an armchair that can be converted into an extra bed. They also include a balcony and a bathroom with a bath and shower.
Approx. 25m2, sleep max. 3
Family rooms include a large double bed or two twins and a bunk bed cabin alcove, as well as a balcony and a bathroom with a bath.
Approx. 35m2, sleep max. 4
There are also single rooms available.
- Akashon restaurant (open for breakfast and dinner)
- A contemporary bar
- Aprés ski snacks served at the bar
- Self-service boutique
- Spa with swimming pool, Jacuzzi, water wall, hammam, ice grotto, cold bath, banya (sauna), fireplace, tea room and treatment rooms
- Children’s play area
- Music corner
- Sweets available in reception foyer
- Library with books, games and DVD’s
- Covered car park
- Complimentary WiFi
- Conference facilities for up to 225 people
- Valet service
- Reduced mobility accessibility
- Wake up service
- Changing rooms with showers
- Ski Room with lockers, cloakroom and equipment repair service
- Breakfast as standard
- Upgrade to half-board
Check in/out times
- Check in - 16:00
- Check out - 12:00
Resort height - 1,035m
Highest point - 3,840m
Ski areaMont Blanc ski area - 115km of piste
Green runs 12%
Blue runs 42%
Red runs 31%
Black runs 15%
Lifts - 42
Season length - December to April
Beginners - 2/5
Intermediates - 2/5
Experts - 5/5
Snowboarders - 3/5
Families - 2/5
Après - 4/5
Eating out - 5/5
Charm - 4/5
Scenery - 5/5
Cross-country skiing | snow shoeing | ice climbing | dog sledding | heliskiing | mountaineering | paragliding | speed riding
Tandem paragliding will cost around the 100€ mark or you could take a sightseeing trip in a helicopter from 75€ per person.
Geneva - 1 hour
Chambery - 1 hour 45 minutes
Chamonix Mont Blanc area lift pass
3 day lift pass from £134
6 day lift pass from £221
- When booking for 2 or more days the Chamonix Mont Blanc pass includes unlimited skiing in Courmayeur and the Evasion Mont Blanc ski area including Megeve, Saint Gervais and Les Contamines for the duration of your pass. You also get 50% off a Verbier day pass when you buy a 6 day Mont Blanc pass
- Free buses run daily to Megeve from Chamonix Sud station (outside Les Aiglons hotel) - roughly twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon
- There are also daily buses to Courmayeur for 15€ return with a Mont Blanc pass (25€ return without a pass)
- Mont Blanc passes also include a daily Chamonix luge ride, use of the town swimming pool and ice rink, entry to the Alpin museum, the Skyway Monte Bianco in Courmayeur, Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix and use of the Train du Montenvers and the Mer de Glace to visit the glacial caves and old mountain refuge
Chamonix Le Pass (local lift pass)
3 day lift pass from £141
6 day lift pass from £247
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news