We're highlighting a selection of luxury ski breaks, to help you put together a ski holiday you'll never forget, in a setting you won't want to leave.
We all know how exhausting a day on the slopes can be. When you're out and about for most of the day, your 'base' becomes all the more important. There's nothing quite like relaxing in a luxury chalet with a slice of home-made cake and your feet up in front of the fire, or the privacy of a luxury hotel room to soothe away the aches and pains of the day. Undeniably, higher quality brings a higher price tag, but at these properties you'll certainly notice the difference.
Whether you're looking for expansive spa facilities, Michelin star food, breathtaking views, or simply somewhere with a higher thread count, you'll certainly find something to fill those requirements here. We can't think of anything more satisfying than the opportunity to unwind in a lavish hotel spa or flop into bed after a long day surrounded by complete luxury.
Here at flexiski, we also recognise that not everyone has time to take a week off work. That's why each hotel on our program is happy to offer short breaks and ski weekends. We believe in skiing on your own terms, and sometimes a little dose of luxury is all you need to leave the resort feeling reinvigorated. We'll organise transfers and accommodation and figure out all your ski break logistics, so you don't have to. Just take your pick from our selection of luxury hotels and chalets - all offering something extraordinary.
A few of our most luxurious resorts:
With a reputation as the most beautiful ski town in Europe, Kitzbuhel has serious luxury ski pedigree. Over the last weekend of January each year, the ski world cup comes to town for the hair-raising Hahnenkamm downhill race. Just a note though, because if you’re hoping to get a glimpse of this spectacle you’ll need to book very far in advance.
What's it like:
- Pedestrianised medieval centre
- Pastel coloured fairytale buildings
- A super quick lift system
- Plenty of intermediate cruisy terrain
- The party starts in the slopeside sunset bars and carries on in town
- There's plenty of options from Ibiza style parties to laid back wine cellars and quirky cafes
Stay at the central 4* Hotel Kitzhof for fantastic views and impressive surroundings.
With the world's largest linked ski area on its doorstep, Courchevel has attracted a glamorous clientele for years. Courchevel features an incredibly varied and vast selection of terrain, snow-sure slopes, and world-class mountain restaurants. All the hallmarks of a great ski destination.
What's it like:
- Split between five villages, Courchevel (1850) is the iconic centre, with Courchevel Moriond (1650) stealing the après crown and Courchevel Village (1550) providing a go-to family destination
- Excellent lift system whisking you up the mountain in no time
- With more than enough skiing for all abilities, Courchevel is absolute heaven for intermediates with long, mellow, gorgeous runs in abundance
- Whilst Courchevel is known for its glitz and glamour it's not just for the super-rich, with prices not that dissimilar to London prices
- Look out for the Richard Orlinski statues all over the place. They're hard to miss, huge geometrically-shaped beasts in striking red or white. The gorilla, in particular, has become synonymous with Courchevel
Stay at the 4* Fahrenheit Seven at the bottom of the slopes in Courchevel Moriond (1650)
Our favourite luxury hotels:
4* Hotel Kitzhof - Kitzbuhel, Austria
The Kitzhof Mountain Design Resort in Kitzbuhel certainly fulfills the luxury brief. This hotel provides faultless finish and design throughout. Our favourite spot in this hotel is the impressive bar and lounge area, featuring floor to ceiling windows and plenty of comfortable spots to enjoy a glass of champagne. Touches like complimentary drinks in your minibar, in-room espresso machines, and soft hotel robes are coupled with attentive and smiling service. You certainly won’t leave the Kitzhof feeling anything but pampered.
What we like:
- 600sqm spa with impressive indoor pool overlooking the gardens
- The Vinothek provides a private space for some superb wine and tasting menus
- Full of natural materials and making great use of the light
- Complimentary drinks in the minibar in your room
- The views from the Kitz lounge are pretty awesome, overlooking the pastel-coloured town
Chalet Renard Blanc - Avoriaz, France
At the Chalet Renard Blanc you'll find ski in, ski out luxury in Avoriaz. Located in the centre of the resort, this impressive flexiski-operated property is incredibly popular, and it’s not hard to see why. All our chalets are fully catered with pre-dinner canapes and bubbles as well as cooked breakfasts.
What we like:
- Ski in, ski out in the middle of the resort
- Large fireplace in the middle of the huge open plan living/dining/kitchen area
- Your own chalet chef
- Comfortable, spacious rooms and thoughtful interior touches
- The stylish sauna and hammam
Prices start from £585pp for 3 nights in December including transfers, and chalet catering accommodation.
5* Taj-I-Mah, Les Arcs
This hotel is a fantastic option if you’re looking for a little bit of slope side luxury. The Taj-I-Mah is the first 5* hotel in Les Arcs and features a gastronomic restaurant, Le Diamant Noir, serving up impressive tasting menus as well as another Savoyard restaurant and bar and lounge. Whether you fancy something extravagant or just a delicious fireside burger, you won't be disappointed here.
What we like:
- The suites, floor to ceiling glass windows highlight stunning mountain views
- Extensive spa area providing the perfect place to unwind
- Plenty of natural light
- Modern furnishings and comfortable rooms
- Ski in, ski out convenience, it's right on the slopes
Prices start from £700pp for 4 nights in January including B&B accommodation.
4* Norefjell Ski & Spa - Norefjell, Norway
Hotel Norefjell Ski & Spa is a ski in, ski out hotel sat in the middle of the slopes and surrounded by snow and wilderness. We know you’ll love skiing back to the outdoor hot tubs to catch the sunset at the end of the day. Pair that with a glass of bubbles and you’ll be in pure heaven. Winning Norway's Best Ski Hotel in the World Travel Awards for numerous years the hotel is as stunning as you'd expect.
What we like:
- Ski in, ski out location at mid-mountain level, get the lifts up of slopes down each morning
- Extensive spa area with brilliantly positioned outdoor hot tubs - multiple time winner of best spa hotel in Norway
- Amazing decor that really complements the surrounding nature (cliché but true)
- Indoor climbing wall at reception
4* Crystal Lifestyle Hotel - Obergurgl, Austria
This ski in, ski out hotel is entirely fuelled by renewable energy. The spa is stylishly designed with one of the largest Finnish saunas we've seen and the three pools are stunning. In total, the spa area makes up around 2,000 square metres. The hotel restaurant, steakhouse and more traditional Hohe Mut Alm offer ample choice. Overall, the Crystal Lifestyle Hotel is a stylish choice that still draws all the best bits from the traditional mountain refuge.
What we like:
- Ski in, ski out location - you're right on the slopes
- All rooms have a balcony - a nice touch
- The three pools offer some stylish swimming spots
- Green credentials, using renewable energy only
- Private access to the gondola
What you can expect when booking a luxury ski break with flexiski:
- A booking service tailored to you by our Ski Sales Specialists
- A choice of private, shared or train transfers to resort
- Handpicked accommodation and personal resort knowledge
- A dedicated after sales team to organise any lift passes, equipment hire or special requests you may have
- 24-hour emergency out-of-hours helpline should you need us when in resort
All prices on this page are based on two people sharing. All prices were correct at the time of publishing, but are subject to change.
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news