Travel Aware - Staying Safe Abroad
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and National Travel Health Network and Centre have up-to-date advice on staying safe and healthy abroad.
For the latest travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office including security and local laws, plus passport and visa information check www.gov.uk/travelaware and follow @FCOtravel and Facebook.com/FCOtravel.
Keep informed of current travel health news by visiting www.travelhealthpro.org.uk.
The advice can change so check regularly for updates.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office also provides the following advice:
Before you depart:
- Take out appropriate travel insurance before travelling and make sure it covers you for all the activities you want to do.
- If you are travelling within Europe, ensure you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) that hasn’t expired and understand what it covers - you still need full travel insurance though! For your free EHIC card visit www.nhs.uk/ehic.
- Learn about the laws, customs and entry requirements of the country you’re visiting and understand how they differ from home, check www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
- Check your passport is valid, fill out the emergency details, look after it while travelling and keep it in a safe place. Make sure you have all necessary visas.
- Make copies of important travel documents, take a picture or make copies and store them securely using a secure data storage site.
- Research vaccinations or any other medical requirements for your destination, and if necessary visit a travel health clinic before you travel. For medical advice visit travelhealthpro.org.uk.
- Tell your friends or family about your travel plans and where you’re going and leave emergency contact details.
- Take enough money with you and have access to emergency funds.
- Ensure you take the contact details of the local British Consulate in case of emergencies - www.gov.uk/government/world/embassies.
- Understand what consular staff can and can’t do to help British nationals travelling overseas, check www.gov.uk/government/publications/support-for-british-nationals-abroad-a-guide.
- Act responsibly, and be responsible for yourself when abroad.
Travel updates and alerts
The welfare of our guests is the first priority of everyone here at flexiski and we are aware that the outbreak of Coronavirus in China has led to changes in the travel advice issued by the British Foreign Office for travel to China and some other countries.
We operate our trips in accordance with advice issued by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) and closely monitor the travel warnings and advice issued relating to the destinations in our programme.
We strongly recommend that you check the FCO website for up-to-date travel information. You can also sign up for the FCO’s handy alerts service so that you don’t miss any updates.
For more information, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
For latest updates on COVID-19 (Coronavirus), please visit our dedicated COVID-19 (Coronavirus) page.
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news