Hotel Le Hameau du Kashmir, Val Thorens
Enjoy the ultimate in ski convenience at the foot of the Val Thorens slopes. Featuring direct access to the Plein Sud chairlift you can head straight to the slopes after enjoying a cooked hotel breakfast. Elegantly decorated with a surprising mix of classic alpine and Southern Asian pieces, Le Hameau du Kashmir offers a selection of luxury suites.
Located within five minutes of the resort’s main shopping centre, there’s plenty of choice when it comes to dining out and entertainment. As an additional bonus, the hotel is set back enough to enjoy a quieter location - feeling central enough without compromising on a peaceful sleep.
What we like:
- Ski in, ski out with direct access to the Plein Sud lift
- Complimentary access to the spa featuring an indoor heated swimming pool, saunas, relaxation room, and gym
- Charming sun terrace with mountain views, perfect for laid-back après ski
- Hotel maid service is not available in the self-catered residences
- The hotel features on on-site ski shop
- This property is child-friendly and bottle warmers, highchairs, baby cots, and baby baths are available on request. Baby cot sheets and mattresses are not provided, however.
- Resort tax costs €2.47 per person, per day for over 18s and is paid locally to the hotel
View on map
Ski RegionLes 3 Vallées
Distance to slopesSki in, ski out
Distance to town10 minutes to the centre
All rooms in the Le Hameau du Kashmir feature twin or double beds and you’ll need to specify your preference upon booking. Suite rates include daily maid service and towel change.
Every suite includes a bathroom with bath (with shower head attachment) or shower room, Dolce gusto coffee machine, flat-screen TV with satellite channels, bathrobes, slippers, room safe, towels, hairdryer, complimentary WiFi, kettle, iron, heated towel rail, towels, and a balcony with mountain views.
Junior suites include a living room area and a double bed in an alcove. Another bedroom is located through a sliding door featuring one single bed. Junior suites include two bathrooms with bath or shower, two toilets, one kitchenette and a balcony.
Approx. 40sqm, sleeps max. 3
Family suites include a living room, one double bedroom and one twin bedroom. These rooms additionally feature two bathrooms with showers, two toilets, one kitchenette and a balcony.
Approx. 45sqm, sleeps max. 4
- Bar and lounge area
- Hotel restaurant
- Outdoor sun terrace with mountain views
- Complimentary WiFi
- Heated ski and boot room featuring lockers and boot warmers
- Indoor car parking available on request at a cost of €12 per day
- Indoor heated swimming pool and spa facilities including saunas, relaxation room, and gym
- Ski in, ski out access
- Lift access
- Concierge service
- Electric vehicle charging points
- On-site ski rental shop
- Room only
Resort height - 2,300m
Highest point - 3,230m
Ski areaLes Trois Vallées - 600km of piste
Although Val Thorens is suited mainly for beginners and intermediates there are still plenty of challenging runs - especially if you look towards the rest of the three valleys ski area.
Green runs 13%
Blue runs 39%
Red runs 38%
Black runs 10%
Lifts - 180
Season length - November to May
Beginners - 4/5
Intermediates - 5/5
Experts - 4/5
Snowboarders - 4/5
Families - 3/5
Après - 4/5
Eating out - 4/5
Charm - 2/5
Bowling | cinema | glacier touring | ice driving | luge | parapenting | snowshoeing | tobogganing | winter walking
Due to the fact that flights into Chambery and Grenoble tend to only be available on the weekends, we use Geneva as our main airport.
Chambery - 1 hour 45 minutes
Grenoble - 2 hours 15 minutes
Geneva - 2 hours 30 minutes
Val Thorens local lift pass
3 day lift pass from £148
6 day lift pass from £248
3 Valleys lift pass
3 day lift pass from £178
6 day lift pass from £297
This pass includes Meribel and Courchevel as well as the rest of the Belleville Valley and La Masse. The largest linked ski area in the world.
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news