Hotel Alpina, Chamonix
Here at flexiski, we’ve always been a fan of the Hotel Alpina in Chamonix for its unbeatable flexibility, but less so for the 70’s décor, however, the hotel has just completed a marvellous new renovation project. Flexible, stylish and affordable we're pleased to say we’re loving the new look.
Renovation aside the hotel offers a fantastic location at the top of the pedestrianised street with fabulous views of the surrounding Mont Blanc and Brevent mountain ranges. One of the primary Chamonix bus stops is right outside allowing easy access to every slope of this fantastic ski area.
The Vista bar and restaurant is a real high point (literally) with fabulous panoramic views over Chamonix and Mont Blanc, cocktails and sumptuous food compliment the scenery. Well worth a visit. But downstairs the hotel has a fabulous chill out bar area with a huge open fire and there's a nice spa area to dip your toes into if you're the pampering sort. In summary, it's deliciously mountain themed but it's the views that steal the show.
What we like
- Central location towards the end of the pedestrianised area at the heart of Chamonix
- Fantastic views, particularly from the upper floors and Vista restaurant
- Complete renovation completed for the 2018/19 ski season
- The ski bus stops right outside, so you can easily get to the slopes each morning
- There are often markets in the open square beside the hotel
- It's a big hotel, just so you're aware
View on map
Situated close to the top of the pedestrianised street that runs through the centre of Chamonix, the Hotel Alpina is seconds from all the resort amenities. Its location means you get spectacular views of surrounding Mont Blanc and Brevent mountains. The main ski bus stop is just outside the hotel so you also have easy access to the main lifts.
Ski regionMont Blanc
Distance to slopes300m
Distance to townIn centre
The hotel has been completely renovated over the last two years for the 2017/18 ski season. All rooms have the following: Complimentary WiFi, LCD TV, hairdryer, mini bar, safe, phone and bathroom products.
The 35 standard rooms have double beds (twin beds on request) and a private en suite with a bath. The rooms have views over the Brévent and Aiguilles rouges.
Sleeps max. 2
All 93 superior rooms have double or twin beds and an extra bed may be available on request, private en suite with a bath. There is a balcony with views of the Mont Blanc mountain range. There's also a sofa and Nespresso coffee machine in the room.
Sleeps max. 3
The 10 suites each have a double bed with a living room and bedroom that can be separated. There is a sofa bed that can be separated into twin beds in the living area. Most suites have a balcony overlooking the Mont Blanc mountain range. The ensuite has a walk in shower as well as a bath and a separate toilet. There is a Nespresso coffee machine in the room.
Sleeps max. 4
The facilities in the Hotel Alpina consist of:
- Le Vista restaurant – panoramic views of Mont Blanc and Chamonix
- Lounge bar
- Small grocerie store
- Two Jacuzzis
- Massage - additional charge
- Small fitness room
- Ski Lockers
- Huge fireplace
- Rental shop – rent and ride
- Private parking
- Conference facilities
Chamonix ski weekends
Resort height - 1,035m
Highest point - 3,840m
Ski areaMont Blanc ski area - 115km of piste in the local area, 410km of piste with Mont Blanc unlimited pass
Green runs 12%
Blue runs 42%
Red runs 31%
Black runs 15%
Lifts - 42
Season length - December to April
Beginners - 2/5
Intermediates - 2/5
Experts - 5/5
Snowboarders - 3/5
Families - 2/5
Après - 4/5
Eating out - 5/5
Charm - 4/5
Scenery - 5/5
Cross-country skiing | snow shoeing | ice climbing | dog sledding | heliskiing | mountaineering | paragliding | speed riding
Tandem paragliding will cost around the 100€ mark or you could take a sightseeing trip in a helicopter from 75€ per person.
Geneva - 1 hour
Chambery - 1 hour 45 minutes
Chamonix Le Pass (local lift pass)
3 day lift pass from £134
6 day lift pass from £221
Chamonix Mont Blanc area lift pass
3 day lift pass from £141
6 day lift pass from £247
- When booking for 2 or more days the Chamonix Mont Blanc pass includes unlimited skiing in Courmayeur and the Evasion Mont Blanc ski area including Megeve, Saint Gervais and Les Contamines for the duration of your pass. You also get 50% off a Verbier day pass when you buy a 6 day Mont Blanc pass
- Free buses run daily to Megeve from Chamonix Sud station (outside Les Aiglons hotel) - roughly twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon
- There are also daily buses to Courmayeur for 15€ return with a Mont Blanc pass (25€ return without a pass)
- Mont Blanc passes also include a daily Chamonix luge ride, use of the town swimming pool and ice rink, entry to the Alpin museum, the Skyway Monte Bianco in Courmayeur, Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix and use of the Train du Montenvers and the Mer de Glace to visit the glacial caves and old mountain refuge
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news