Overview of the Rocky Pop Hotel, Chamonix
A brand new hotel for the 16/17 winter season on the outskirts of Les Houches near Chamonix, the Rocky Pop Hotel is unique amongst the slopes.
The Rocky Pop Hotel brings an additional element of fun to the mountains without pulling on the purse springs. The big idea behind the hotel is to provide a more affordable option to those wanting to ski the Chamonix valley, an option full of fun and shared experience.
Large open spaces host gaming options to challenge friends way past meal time - an experience in itself. Large oak tables cut through the food court style restaurant and diner style booths line the peripherals, or, if you fancy a little more privacy the two themed patios offer an alternative space to taste the mouth-watering Savoyard classics, gourmet burgers and delightfully crisp pizzas.
The hotel's location means you will need to take the shuttle bus to and from the slopes each day. The hotel provides its own service twice in the morning and again twice in the afternoon. Alternatively, there is the local shuttle that runs every 30 minutes from just outside the hotel (Le Pont) which is included in your lift pass.
It's a fun atmosphere throughout the hotel with live music every week in the bar area. If you don't mind the shuttle ride to the slopes each day this hotel could be a great option for your ski break this year in order to have a holiday with a difference.
View on map
The Rocky Pop is on the outskirts of Les Houches near Chamonix so you would need to get the shuttle bus to get to the slopes or into town. The hotel runs a shuttle to the ski areas twice in the morning and twice again in the afternoon.
Alternatively, there is the ski/city shuttle bus that runs every 30 minutes to the city centre or ski areas from just outside the hotel (stop 'Le Pont'). This runs from Chamonix to Le Pont until 7:43 pm and from Le Pont into Chamonix centre until 8:30 pm. After this time you will have to use the night bus (costs 2 euros per person), the last night bus leaves Chamonix centre at 11:03 pm arriving at Le Pont at 11:16 pm. If you wanted to stay out later than 11 pm you would have to take a taxi back to the hotel.
Ski regionMont Blanc
Distance to slopes6km to Brevent
Distance to town5km to Chamonix
All rooms have a TV with on-demand movies, hairdryer, safe, baby cots on request and all are accessible via elevator.
Duo rooms have a double or two single beds and a bathroom with shower
Approx. 16m2, sleep max. 2
The mezzanine rooms have a double bed or two single beds on the mezzanine above the lounge with a pull out sofa bed.
Approx. 21m, sleeps max. 4 (2 adults & 2 children)
- Bed and breakfast
- Upgrade to half board
Check in/out times
- Check in - 15:00
- Check out - 12:00
- Photo booth
- Table football
- Table tennis
- Arcade games
- Two themed patios
- Bar with live music every week
- Food court restaurant offering French and Savoyard cuisine, burgers and a pizza truck.
- Communal kitchenette on the ground floor (microwave, kettle, tea and coffee making facilities)
- Ski room with lockers
- Complimentary high speed WiFi
- Outdoor parking (complimentary)
- Ski rental shop on level -1
- Rocky shuttle to Chamonix Valley ski areas (twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon)
- Laundry services (additional cost)
- Access and facilities for disabled guests
Resort height - 1,035m
Highest point - 3,840m
Ski areaMont Blanc ski area - 115km of piste
Green runs 12%
Blue runs 42%
Red runs 31%
Black runs 15%
Lifts - 42
Season length - December to April
Beginners - 2/5
Intermediates - 2/5
Experts - 5/5
Snowboarders - 3/5
Families - 2/5
Après - 4/5
Eating out - 5/5
Charm - 4/5
Scenery - 5/5
Cross-country skiing | snow shoeing | ice climbing | dog sledding | heliskiing | mountaineering | paragliding | speed riding
Tandem paragliding will cost around the 100€ mark or you could take a sightseeing trip in a helicopter from 75€ per person.
Geneva - 1 hour
Chambery - 1 hour 45 minutes
Chamonix Mont Blanc area lift pass
3 day lift pass from £134
6 day lift pass from £221
- When booking for 2 or more days the Chamonix Mont Blanc pass includes unlimited skiing in Courmayeur and the Evasion Mont Blanc ski area including Megeve, Saint Gervais and Les Contamines for the duration of your pass. You also get 50% off a Verbier day pass when you buy a 6 day Mont Blanc pass
- Free buses run daily to Megeve from Chamonix Sud station (outside Les Aiglons hotel) - roughly twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon
- There are also daily buses to Courmayeur for 15€ return with a Mont Blanc pass (25€ return without a pass)
- Mont Blanc passes also include a daily Chamonix luge ride, use of the town swimming pool and ice rink, entry to the Alpin museum, the Skyway Monte Bianco in Courmayeur, Aiguille du Midi in Chamonix and use of the Train du Montenvers and the Mer de Glace to visit the glacial caves and old mountain refuge
Chamonix Le Pass (local lift pass)
3 day lift pass from £141
6 day lift pass from £247
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news