The Hotel La Chaudanne, Meribel is a family run hotel that has been passed down through 3 generations over the past 50 years. It's less than a minutes walk to the slopes, practically on your doorstep. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed, whilst the rooms are spaciously designed to accommodate families.
Le 80 restaurant is within La Chaudanne hosting Folie Douce parties twice a month and live music twice a week. There's a traditional French brasserie and those looking to unwind can head to the hotel bar - the perfect place to enjoy a glass of champagne or mulled wine. Access to the wellness centre is included in the price giving guests full use of the indoor pool, sauna and steam room as well as the fitness room. The Nuxe Spa offers additional treatments and massage at a supplement.
What we like
- Newly refurbished for 2018/19 Le 80 restaurant hosts Folie Douce parties, DJs and live music all season long
- Spa by Nuxe as well as an indoor pool, sauna and steam room
- Next to the slopes - around 50m away
- The hotel is attached to the five star Hotel Le Kaila - sharing the spa and you can use the bar area should you wish
- There is a kids room - unsupervised
View on map
Hotel La Chaudanne enjoys an outstanding location in the centre of Meribel. The exceptional position of the hotel allows direct access to the pistes, with the ski lifts a mere 50 metres away. The hotel's location in the heart of Meribel means a variety of shops, lively bars and recreational activities can all be easily reached on foot.
Ski regionLes 3 Vallées
Distance to slopes50m
Distance to townIn centre
Standard rooms have a double or two twin beds (on request), and a bathroom with bath or shower, some rooms have a balcony. Some interconnect.
Approx. 18-20m2, sleeps max. 2
Superior rooms have a double or two twin beds (on request), a lounge area, bathroom with bath or shower and some have a balcony. Some interconnect and can accommodate an additional child under 12 years old.
Approx. 24-28m2, sleeps max. 2
Family rooms have a double bed and a separate space with one or two single beds (on request), bathroom with bath or shower, some have a balcony.
Approx. 25-30m2, sleeps max. 4
Deluxe Family Room
Deluxe family rooms are more spacious with one double bed, a lounge area, bathroom and balcony. The second bedroom has 3 single beds and a shower room.
Lounge area, shower room and south facing balcony with a mezzanine level with two double beds, bathroom and separate WC, loft room with three single beds.
Approx. 54-57m2, sleeps max. 5
Suites are also available for up to 4 people.
- Brasserie restaurant Le 80
- Lounge Bar de la Chaudanne – with snack menu
- Spa by Nuxe
- Indoor swimming pool, water massage seats
- Fitness room
- Eucalyptus scented steam room
- Outdoor terrace
- Ski shop/ski room with lockers in front of the hotel – Chaudanne Sport
- Kids and teens club during the French holidays 4years plus
- Kids room 4-12years games, colouring books…
- Teens, PS4, PC, billiards and dart board
- Child care services on request
- Valet parking
- Bed & breakfast as standard (buffet breakfast or continental in your room)
- Upgrade to half-board (at Le 80, 3 courses from the menu – some are a supplement)
Resort height - 1,400-1,700m
Highest point - 3,230m
Ski areaLes Trois Vallées - 600km of piste
Meribel - 150km
In the heart of the three valleys, Meribel is the central valley in the world's largest ski area. It feels like a blue slope haven full of tree-lined skiing, perfect for the cruisy skiers out there. But with the sheer extent of the ski area, there is more than enough for any type of skier (or boarder).
Green runs 13%
Blue runs 39%
Red runs 38%
Black runs 10%
Lifts - 180
Season length - December to April
Buses - There are numerous buses that run throughout Meribel and all are included on your lif pass. Take a look at the bus timetables here.
Beginners - 4/5
Intermediates - 5/5
Experts - 4/5
Snowboarders - 4/5
Families - 3/5
Après - 5/5
Eating out - 4/5
Charm - 3/5
Bowling | cinema | cross-country skiing | heliskiing | horse-drawn tours | ice skating | indoor wall climbing | paragliding | snowshoeing | snowmobiling | swimming
Due to the fact that flights into Chambery and Grenoble tend to only be available on the weekends, we use Geneva as our main airport.
Chambery - 1 hour 15 minutes
Grenoble - 1 hour 14 minutes
Geneva - 2 hours 15 minutes
Meribel local lift pass
3 day lift pass from £151
6 day lift pass from £237
Three Valleys area lift pass
3 day lift pass from £178
6 day lift pass from £282
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news