Boasting an impeccable ski-in, ski-out location in the Rosset area of Le Lac, Hotel Le Taos, Tignes, provides all the deluxe comforts that make for a refreshing mountain getaway. Decorated in an eclectic Native American-Indian style as a nod to the hotel’s namesake, the centuries-old New Mexico town of Taos, the suites offer all the mod-cons of an upscale alpine hotel. You can also look forward to being greeted by stunning views of the surrounding mountainscape as you wake each morning. The hotel offers a range of first-rate facilities, including an excellent relaxation centre featuring a pool, spa, sauna, hammam and massage treatments to rejuvenate your body after a day on the slopes. The hotel is also situated in a fantastic location for après-ski action, close to all the restaurants, bars and shops of Le Rosset.
What we like about Le Taos, Tignes
- Fabulously designed with native American Indian themes - it works so well in a ski resort
- Central location with direct access to the slopes and the Padilla chairlift
- Indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, treatments and massages
- Hotel Le Taos is in Tignes Le Lac village
- Under the radar hotel, unaffordable standard at affordable prices - that's not to say it's cheap!
- There is a city tax that needs to be paid in resort for this hotel (at the hotel reception at check out), normally a euro or two per person per night
View on map
Hotel Le Taos is located in a prime ski-in, ski-out position in the Rosset area of Tignes Le Lac, right near all the amenities and activity in the village. The Padilla chairlift is in the vicinity of the hotel on la runway piste.
Ski regionEspace Killy
Distance to slopesSki in, ski out
Distance to town450m
All rooms at the Hotel Le Taos are equipped with the following facilities:
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Heated towel rail
- Phone with direct line
- Flat screen TV
- Baby equipment, iron and ironing board and electrical adapters available to borrow
Duo Suites consist of a double bed or two single beds and a bathroom with a bath or shower.
Approx. 20m², sleeps max. 2
Superior Duo Suite
Superior Duo Suites consist of a double bed or two single beds and bathroom with bath or shower, over one floor or a duplex.
Approx. 25m², sleeps max. 2
Junior Suites consist of a double bed and one single bed and bathroom with bath or shower. Most Junior Suites are wheelchair accessible.
Approx. 28m², sleeps max. 3
- ‘Mesa Verde’ Restaurant serving traditional French Savoie cuisine
- Bar with lounge
- Indoor swimming pool
- Spa with massage and beauty treatments
- 24-hour reception
- Concierge service
- Ski lockers with boot and glove warmers
- Car parking (book in advance)
- Luggage storage
- Laundry service
- Bed & breakfast
Resort height - 2,100m
Highest point - 3,455m
Ski areaTignes/Val d’Isère ski area - 300km of piste
Tignes is best for intermediate to advanced skiers.
Green runs 14%
Blue runs 44%
Red runs 25%
Black runs 17%
Lifts - 91
Season length - November to May
Beginners - 2/5
Intermediates - 5/5
Experts - 5/5
Snowboarders - 5/5
Families - 4/5
Après - 3/5
Eating out - 4/5
Charm - 1/5
Scenery - 3/5
Cross-country skiing | horse-drawn sleigh rides | ice skating | tobogganing | snow shoeing | bungee trampolining | ice climbing | dog sledding | heliskiing | karting on ice | snowmobiling | mountaineering | helicopter tours | paragliding | ice diving | snake gliss | snow kiting | speed riding | ice driving | tubing
Due to the fact that flights into Chambery and Grenoble tend to only be available on the weekends, we use Geneva as our main airport.
Chambery - 2 hours
Grenoble - 2 hours 30 minutes
Geneva - 3 hours
Tignes/Val d’Isère area lift pass
3 day lift pass from £147
6 day lift pass from £282
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news