The Hotel Terrace is one of our top short break destinations. Perched on the south-facing hillside overlooking the village the hotel offers superb views across the valley and up to the Titlis Mountain. The resort centre is accessed through a tunnel in the rocks, via an elevator from the hotel. To get to the slopes, it's about a 5 minute walk to the bus stop in ski boots (but obviously quicker in your shoes!).
The Terrace is a great base to explore everything Engelberg has to offer; the buffet breakfast will set you up for a thrilling day in this off-piste mecca. But don’t miss out on the delicious fondue in the ‘cave’ cheese cellar.
With 170 rooms, the Hotel Terrace was built on a grand scale and has an imposing feel when you walk in the reception area. The rooms are comfortable and practically furnished. Best of all, they are great value as stays at the Hotel Terrace include a lift pass.
What we like about the Hotel Terrace
- Staying here includes your lift pass for every day after a night spent in the hotel
- Wonderful views over the town and up to the Titlis mountain from the front
- Great and grand communal areas such as the lounge bar and conservatory, perfect for a post-ski tipple
- The annexe part of the hotel is being refurbished until the end of January 2020 so new rooms are on the horizon but there will be some renovation work going on until then - just a heads up
- The hotel is above town so it's quiet at night - no being woken up by dirty stop outs
- Being above the town you get two lifts down cross the park and you're at the ski bus stop to take you to the slopes - 5 minutes walking max
- You can leave your gear in the ski hire shop near the bottom of the mountain if you don't want to carry it - just grab a locker
- Steam room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Ski lockers
- Car parking
View on map
The Hotel Terrace is located on the hillside above Engelberg. The entrance is sits down in the village, where you walk through a tunnel in the rocks to take the lift up to the hotel level.
By taking the tunnel, it only takes a few minutes to walk back down into the resort centre where you can get the bus to the slopes (which takes about 5 minutes in ski boots).
Distance to lifts1.1km, 5 minute Shuttle
Distance to town200m, 3 minute walk
There are 170 rooms in the Hotel Terrace and all have been comfortably and practically furnished.
In room amenities
- Flat screen T.V.
- Complimentary internet access
Twin rooms have twin beds, en suite with shower.
Approx. 17m2, sleeps max. 2
Twin room with balcony
Standard plus rooms have twin beds, en suite with shower, valley view with a south facing balcony.
Approx. 17m2, sleeps max. 2*
Triple rooms have three single beds with an ensuite and shower.
Approx. 24m2, sleeps max. 3
Quadruple rooms have 4 single beds with en suite and shower.
Approx. 34m2, sleeps max. 4
*Mountain views on request
*For your own safety, please ensure that you take care when on the balcony and do not lean on or over the railings. If you have children below the age of 12 in your party, please ensure they are supervised and not left unattended at any time.
The facilities at the Hotel Terrace include:
- Belle Epoque dining room
- Porticos lounge and bar
- Fondue ‘cave’ cheese cellar
- Steam room
- Children’s playroom (un-supervised)
- X-box and Wii (complimentary)
- Game centre with darts… (supplement)
- Table tennis
- Free outside parking
- Bag storage (early/late check in/out)
- Laundry service
- 24 hour reception
- Half board as standard
- B&B reduction possible
Resort height - 1,050m
Highest point - 3,030m
Ski areaEngelberg-Titlis - 82km of piste
The delightful 12km peak to town run should not to be missed. Brunni mountain is home to the sunny slopes. Known for its glacial skiing.
Blue runs 33%
Red runs 57%
Black runs 10%
Lifts - 25
Season length - October to May
Beginners - 2/5
Intermediates - 3/5
Experts - 4/5
Snowboarders - 3/5
Après - 3/5
Scenery - 4/5
Groups - 4/5
Off piste - 5/5
Tobogganing | cross-country skiing | winter hiking | airboarding | Europe's highest suspension bridge | rotating cable car | Snowmobiling | igloo village | snowshoeing
Zurich - 1 hour 30 minutes
Engelberg area lift pass
3 day lift pass from £134
6 day lift pass from £230
Keep up to date with all the latest flexiski news