A Guide To Spending New Year In St Anton
Here’s what to expect and how to plan your New Year in St Anton.
It’s always a challenge to decide what to do on New Year’s Eve. For some reason this is the one night of 365 it takes the earth to rotate around the sun that's it's seemingly unacceptable to have a quiet night in. That’s why heading to the mountains is perhaps the answer you're looking for this New Year.
St Anton is the place to head for if you're looking for a New Year’s party because wherever you end up here will result in a good night out. The main square can get a little rowdy with people setting off fireworks though, so maybe avoid the crowds here if it's looking particularly rowdy. Here’s what to expect on a New Year’s break to St Anton, and how to make the most of your time in resort.
What does New Year in St Anton look like?
For 2020/2021 the Chalet Amalien Haus is a great shout. It's super flexible so you can go for a short break or a longer trip if you’d like, it's entirely up to you. Check out our New Year’s offers page to get an idea of price. Alternatively, if you'd prefer to eat out for your evening meals, the Hotel Banyan has a great central location, situated near most of the best bars in town.
Example itinerary for New Year in St Anton
(4 nights from Wednesday 30th December 2020)
- Fly out for the early afternoon. Innsbruck Airport is only an hour away from St Anton and you can grab a private transfer or hop on the train to get to the resort from here. The chalet staff will meet you at the station if you decide to go by rail and are staying in one of our flexiski operated chalets.
- Once in resort, you'll have time to grab your skis and boots before dinner and your lift passes will be waiting for you at the chalet.
- Enjoy a day of New Year’s Eve skiing out on the Arlberg area slopes. Take a look at our guide to where to ski when staying in St Anton here. Make sure to hit one of St Anton’s famous après ski bars before you return to your chalet.
- Indulge in a spot of afternoon tea and cake back at the chalet before heading to your room to get ready for the night ahead.
- The evening meals are preempted by canapes and prosecco, the chalet staff are well aware you'll be wanting to get into town on New Year’s Eve, so expect the fizz to be flowing and the food to be served promptly without being too extended an affair. We wouldn't want you to miss the fireworks.
- Head out for New Year’s Eve on the town. We’d recommend bar crawling until you find the perfect vibe for you - this way you can't fail to have a good time.
- If you manage to get up before midday you'll have the slopes to yourself. The chalet hosts will rustle up some rejuvenating breakfast for you and now you have two more full days to explore the mountains.
- If you can get over to Oberlech in time, the Goldener Berg has a spectacular terrace that we'd highly recommend for lunch. You might want to book ahead to get a good spot here.
- Another great lunch option is the Hospiz Alm. This restaurant features a slide down to the toilets and an impressive wine cellar full of humongous bottles of vino.
- Once you've skied your fill and eaten yourself into happy oblivion, the après always continues. However, after a big New Year’s Eve you may just want to curl up on the chalet sofa for a little downtime.
- You’ll have time to drop your skis back to the hire shop this morning if you forgot to do so the day before. Then all you need to do is grab a coffee and some last minute souvenirs before jumping back on the train or into the taxi to the airport. You'll be back in your own bed before nightfall, basking in the memories of an unforgettable ski trip.
Looking to plan a short ski break or ski weekend to St Anton over New Year? Our Ski Sales Specialists are on hand to help you organise every aspect of your trip. We specialise in tailor made packages and ski breaks outside of the usual Saturday - Saturday format and offer three flexiski operated chalets and a selection of hotels in St Anton. If you’d like to learn more or want some help putting together a package just give us a call on 01962 587777.